Chapter Fifty Three

| Fifty-Three | 

|Luxinia|

There was a sinking feeling in my chest and it only developed further as I got closer to the sanctuary. It wasn't the new information we had found out either. It was more deeply rooted inside my subconscious that something was wrong. I felt angry more than usual and the gummy candy wasn't helping.

"There's only one way that Jesse's father is the Head," Blair explained. 

"Yeah, by resurrection. I know that Jesse killed his father. Bloodtrei must've used this as a distraction. We don't even know that it is true about Drake being the Head," I replied, my mind wandering to the look of Jesse's father. He was a cold man, perhaps, even colder than Bloodtrei. I could faintly remember the look of that man, but somehow I knew that Bloodtrei was an angel compared to the head of the Drake clan.

I slid out of the car and rushed up into the estate, my eyes wandering to the conference rooms. Daemon was there already discussing some things with a few of his people. I walked inside and shut the door. "Daemon, we need to talk."

Blair was already telling the others to leave, aside from General Hudson. Daemon nodded and smiled at the others, so they would leave. "Would you like me to hold a meeting?"

"Yes, get everyone in here. We found out some things that are definitely game-changers," Blair replied pacing the side of the room.

Daemon walked over to the PA system and called in everyone that he could. The first to walk in were Sareia and Haden, impish grins on their faces. I stood by the window and watched one by one as everyone settled into the conference chairs. Everen walked in slowly with Roman by her side. Tessa hurriedly walked in, her eyes flitting to Blair and then me. She raised a brow in curiosity. I supposed everyone was on edge since we didn't hear anything from anyone in a while. 

Jesse and Seres were the last people to walk in. His head was down and he settled into his seat, not even looking in my general direction. Seres sat next to him, her hand on his arm. I narrowed my eyes in anger. 

"Close the door again," Daemon told Blair.

Blair walked over to the door, but then someone walked in quickly. Alethea slid into the doorway.

"Absolutely not," Jesse snapped, rising from his seat.

Alethea shook her head. "I'm in this as much as the rest of you."

"No, you're not. This is adults only."

"I can help--"

"No! You cannot. Go back to Osma," Jesse yelled, the room becoming silent as ever.

"You know, you weren't the only one who lost Blythe, Jesse!" Alethea screamed, tears welling in her eyes.

"She stays," I replied, my eyes meeting Jesse's.

He looked as if he wanted to say something, but he couldn't even look into my gaze. He sat down in his seat slowly. Alethea walked over to me, the tension palpable in the air.

"So what is this about Lux?" Everen asked, leaning in her chair.

"Blair and I were scouting the clubs and we found some information from some cambions," I said, looking over to Blair.

Blair nodded. He knew that he should be the one to break the news. I sure as hell didn't. "We found out that a new Head has taken over."

A breath of curses broke out within the room. Jesse looked up and stared at Blair. "Who?"