Chapter Fifteen

A/N: Dedicated to @funfairmadness.

|Fifteen|

|Luxinia|

All I had to do was focus on the task at hand. Keep an eye on Jesse during the ball. It was a much better event and way more high class than any other thing the societies do. It rivaled the faerie revels with how high class it was. However, it was not something I looked forward to. I did wonder though, what was this year's theme going to be. Each year the Consul thought of a theme. Perhaps they thought it would boost morale. It was a Victorian theme last year, this year is a mystery. 

In the days to come, everyone would be on edge. Both races coexisting in one large ballroom was sure to be nerve-wracking. This also was the chance to recruit succubi to be claimed. Both parties were expected to come. Every single incubus and succubus from New York was permitted to come unless you had a legitimate excuse. However, if a succubus fought against their master to not attend, they would be brought to Bloodtrei's home. No one wanted to be there.

Everen would surely not attend, because she was that powerful. 

During the ball, I could relax knowing that they won't be hovering over me. They would be more focused on the new succubi flooding in. Elizabeth Hickey would be attending, a woman with serious problems. One might call her, the incubi lapdog. She recruited the young girls and took them right from their homes. Some may say she was doing good. If she didn't take them, the succubi would eventually kill their fathers. They would seduce them and drain their life. Elizabeth thought that she was some kind of goddess, saving succubi. She was the one to discover me.

She came to my home, expecting a human father, however, my mother was there instead. The more shocking thing was that my mother was alive. Most died when they during childbirth. Elizabeth was probably shocked as to why I was not a cambion, but a succubus. There was no such thing as an incubus being with a female human and generating a succubus. Yet here I was, defying the laws of nature. At first, many wanted to kill me. They, of course, thought I was an abomination. They were almost afraid of me. 

Rumors of a prophecy suddenly surfaced. I would become the end of all incubi. The power of both an incubus and a succubus. Many believe the prophecy is false and simply a fool's legend which isn't too far off. Many succubi are mixed with other supernatural genes since succubi are forbidden from relations with humans unless they get permission from their claimed. It's how Bloodtrei makes sure the succubus population doesn't become more populated than the incubus population.

Jamie and Tessa still weren't home even after I got back from Everen's. I had the vial in my room and I was waiting to take it, so I could cure Tessa. I was worried about a few things actually. Everen was so eager to give me the vial. I was concerned that she might use that favor against me. After a couple of more hours I began to wonder, where did Jamie take Tessa? They weren't answering any of my calls or texts. Jamie wouldn't have brought Tessa outside unless he knew he could cure her.

I hope they're okay.

|Jesse|

There should be a word for what I was feeling at this very moment. Ah, wait yes. There was. Two, in fact, annoyance, and anger. Oh! Perhaps stressed too. I was simply relaxing in my apartment when I heard an annoying knock from my door. I would've made my housekeeper open it, but she was too busy doing other things. For a human, she was adequate for me. She never questioned anything that happened here. In the event that there was blood on the floor, or on my clothes, she would not ask, just clean it. She once told me that as long as I paid her and stayed out of her way, she would not question anything I did nor contact the authorities. Nice woman.