Chapter Thirty Four

Before the chapter starts I just want to give a big thanks to all of you guys. We've made it to 20k reads! For some that may not be a lot, however this book I did not plan for it to even reach 5000 reads. And in all reality, I don't care about reads, but this is just something I never thought I would get to experience, so thank you guys I really appreciate it!

|Thirty-Four|

|Luxinia|

I didn't know what to do now that Jesse and I were alone with each other. This was such a culture shock for me to see this other part of him. I just always expected this hardass man with no family and no happiness. He had a mom and two sisters. Jesse was more human than me. He put up this persona of dominance and not caring. This strong imposing Greater Demon was supposed to be feared by everyone, but deep inside he was some sort of mush. I found it interesting and a breath of fresh air. He was showing me something that no one was supposed to see and in a way, I cherished that.

"So what do you think of my family?" Jesse looked at me as he unpacked his bags and slide his clothes into the dresser across from the bed. He acted so naturally like he did this every day.

"They seem sweet. It's just a bit of a shock that an incubus has a family." I sat on the bed and looked at him.

His features softened up and even his stone-cold steel eyes became a pleasant silver that reminded me of silk silver sheets. Jesse seemed renewed and more at ease. I just still couldn't get over on how quickly he changed. Jesse sighed and sat down, taking my hand. "Luxinia, I know this is different for you. I have these people in my life because they took me out of the darkness when no one could at the time. I want you to get to know them and accept them as if you were their family. The girls need someone like you. You've experienced things that they haven't. You can help them. Convince them that they are not safe out there. Osma is slowly losing control of those girls. I need you, Lux."

I stared back at him, a myriad of emotions on his face. "I'm not staying here forever Jesse. Only until things cool down. I refuse to sit in the sidelines. I will help bring Dominick down."

"I know." Jesse leaned in and kissed my cheek. He paused for a brief moment and then kissed my neck slowly. It was a sensual move and it sent tingles down my spine as he moved behind my ear planting more kisses.

My body relaxed and I found myself laying down on the bed. Jesse cupped my cheek as his kisses became more fervent. He settled over me and caught my mouth with mine. My body instantly reacted. I matched his kisses and wrapped my legs around his waist. Jesse flipped us over and chuckled softly. I was now on top of him. This was something definitely new. I leaned down and kissed his chest, moving downwards. Jesse tensed up and grabbed my chin. "No. You don't have to do that. I didn't kiss you with sex in mind."

"Don't pull that joke. You know incubi love sex."

Jesse sat up quickly and pushed me away. "I'm not kissing you as an incubus, Lux. I'm kissing you as someone who wants to be with you."

I got off the bed and stared at him back. "Well, I'm not ready for that."

He sighed. "We could take it slow. Once we wait for your withdrawals to be over, I'll claim you and then we'll continue from there."

My eyes grew wide. "I don't want to be claimed! You ask for a new world, yet here you are trying to claim me! The point of a new world is where we don't have to claim succubi. I don't want to be enslaved."  

"Luxinia I'm not trying to own you necessarily. If I claimed you, it would be safer. We'll know each other's thoughts and we will become more powerful," Jesse replied calmly.