Angry

A/N: Okay, so I've done my research on Bruce Banner, and I KNOW that technically he doesn't have a medical degree, but here's what's on the marvel wiki page: " Dr. Bruce Banner is a genius in nuclear physics, possessing a mind so brilliant that it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test." So.... we're just gonna do some 'imagining' and just say that he is also somewhat experienced in the medical field. Bear with me. I'm just a girl who wants to write about Bucky Barnes. :)

WARNINGS: Angst, injuries, angry Bucky, slightly irritating but humorous Tony Stark

Y/N's POV

It was no one's fault.

I did not go on the mission to be babied the whole time. I knew the risks that came with being on a team with the Avengers. I was willing to put my life at risk to save others.

And that's exactly what I did.

The mission was going well, a successful infiltration of a secret HYDRA base in the States, when I was shot. One moment I was standing, my gun aimed to fire at the leader of this particular base who was about to end Steve's life and the next I was laying on the floor, blood soaking through my suit at an alarming rate.

I lay there, gasping for air as more bullets flew through the room. I heard the soft thuds of bodies hitting the cold concrete floor, and I struggled to hold onto my consciousness. A figure entered my vision, and I squinted to see Steve hovering over me.

"The bullet hit just above her left collarbone. She's bleeding pretty heavily. " He picked me up in his arms and I let out a small groan in pain as he began to run.

"Get her back to the jet." I heard Banner's voice reply, and I stared up at the sky, wanting to just close my eyes and forget about the pain.

"Don't close your eyes, doll." Steve muttered as we got closer to the jet. "Hold on for just a little while longer."

"It fucking hurts, Rogers." I mumbled, wincing as more blood continued to steadily flow from where the bullet had pierced my skin.

"I know. But we're going to get you some help. You just need to stay awake. Bucky's waiting back at the Tower for you."

I let out a small sigh as I thought of my boyfriend of two years. Boy, was he going to be angry.

Not that he wouldn't be already.

Bucky had tried his hardest to convince me to stay, insisting that Steve, Tony, and Bruce could take this mission on their own. I knew that I had a job to do, that I had signed up for this on my own free will. But I also knew that he wouldn't let me leave. So, after much discussion with the others, I waited until Bucky had fallen asleep and left with them early in the morning three days earlier. Natasha and Wanda kept him busy, and swore not to say where we were going. To our knowledge... he never found out.

"H-He's going to break up with me." I murmured as Steve gently placed me on a cot that was set up in the jet, and Bruce immediately started to inspect my gun shot.

"I don't think he's going to do that, Y/N." Steve shut the door to the plane, and immediately went to the cockpit to start to fly us home. "He loves you too much."

"He might break up with Steve, though." Tony commented from his seat, and Steve turned to give him a nasty look. "Oh, is Stucky not actually a thing?"

"You know wh-"

"Shut up!" Bruce snapped, and the plane fell silent as it began it's way towards home. "I need you two idiots to stay quiet while I try to stop the bleeding. I don't have enough supplies to take out the bullet right now. Just get us home as fast as you can, Cap."