Two

Dark shadows casted upon you eerily as you treaded down the same pathway as earlier. The palace was much too... gloomy for your liking. It was too quiet and too empty, which left you with your somber thoughts.

Hux had somewhat kindly escorted you back to your chambers, much too silent along the way as if what had happened was nothing out of the norm and wasn't worthy of discussion.

Yet, there you were, bones rattled as you blinked a countless number of times to rid your threatening tears. How had the Supreme Leader already assessed an opinion on you without hearing you speak? Sure, it was an awful ordeal to be put in, but not even you deserved that sort of treatment.

The fear only grew worse on you.

This would be the man you'd soon marry. The man you'd live with, sleep with... have children with. The idea irked you. You shivered at the thought. Your body trembled as you had shut your eyes momentarily to regain yourself. You never thought that in a million years, your adoring parents would give you up so easily to save their people. Surely there had to be some other way.

Not realizing you had made it to the doors you'd soon familiarize as your own, you stood there for a moments worth while staring at the black surface.

You could feel Hux's focus on you, watching you intently. Were furious? Afraid? Numb? The latter seemed more plausible than anything else with the blank expression on your face.

He wondered if you had already known about the infamous Kylo Ren. If you were aware of his traits, personality, and being as whole. You must've been to so easily have an opinion. At least, Hux assumed you had one.

Or maybe, just maybe, Ren's reaction to you was nothing you had never seen before? He couldn't believe that, even Hux had sensed a good spirit in you. That you were tolerable than the rest. Ren was just being angsty as per usual.

Rolling his eyes at his own thoughts, Hux broke the silence with a clear of his throat. "Your droid should arrive momentarily. Once it has, inform it on whether or not you will be joining the Supreme Leader for dinner this evening. Although I suggest you do, you do not want him thinking you're already afraid." Hux had suggested as you looked over at him, eyebrows furrowed. "It's best not to give Ren the attention he wants. If you skip out, his pride will only surface. Attend the dinner, no harm can be done unless insults are much more powerful than blaster fires for you." With a small bow of his head and a turn of his heel, Hux left your presence.

Blinking a few times, you looked over to see he truly was gone. The hallway now empty and left with just you. You didn't like the quietness, the lack of movement and sound terrified you.

Turning back to your door and entering your room, you shut it behind you before pressing your back against it.

You needed to clear your mind, remind yourself why you were put to do this. Forced to marry the Supreme Leader. You would be saving your planet and your people. A princess doing the hard work that was marrying an overly brooding, temperamental, aggressive Force user. Sure, that would work perfectly.

Sucking in a sharp breath as you stared at the ground, you blinked a few times as your eyes burned. Tears had surfaced. Your sense of fear was once again back.

You were alone. You were scared. You felt vulnerable.

Kylo was a beast of his own creation and there was no doubt that he'd lash out on you. And so he did with his verbs. How would you last all eternity this way?

Feeling your knees shake, you forced yourself straight and off of the door, aiming for the window sill and plopping on it, looking outside and watching the fresh snow fall. This was nothing like home. Nowhere near it. You weren't used to the cold, to the lack of sun and ocean. No blossoming nature.