Twenty Three

Quietly making his way up to the community of Ewoks, Kylo eyed his surroundings and spotted all the sprawled out, resting natives of the planet. He had waited a little over an hour, perking out his treehouse every now and then to hear the chaos die down. The moment it had, and the moment he noticed some of the fires went out, he made his way down and over to you.

Eyeing the hut the Ewoks claimed to be your own, Kylo carefully walked over, not wanting to wake up a single creature and get caught. Reaching for the small door and having to hunch forward, he slowly closed it behind him before turning to see you lying on the small cot; were you asleep already?

Shifting in your spot, rolling on to your opposite side, your eyes fluttered open to see Kylo standing there. "Hi..." You whispered, stifling a laugh as Kylo took in a deep breath.

"We must go now."

"Go?" You arched an eyebrow. "Why not stay?" Sitting up an looking at him, Kylo sighed.

"The bed is much too small." He pointed.

"We can make it work." You nodded. "I can sleep on you..." You said, looking down at the bed before standing up as Kylo's heart skipped a beat. "Or you can sleep on the floor." Looking up at him, you teased.

Growing wide eyed, Kylo shook his head before walking to you, "I am not sleeping on that wretched floor." Gently pushing you to a side, Kylo lied down, feet just dangling off the bed as you couldn't help but chuckle, covering your mouth. "Don't laugh. You wanted to stay." He huffed before waving for you to join him.

"If I have to stay another night then I'll try to sneak over to you." You said, walking over and climbing on top of him.

"Hmph."

Feeling the rumble in his bare chest, you smiled, nestling yourself on him and nuzzling his neck. He was warm and it made you more comfortable than you now were. You could hardly sleep before, tossing and turning from the lack of warmth... and lack of Kylo. But now? Now it only took you mere seconds to knock right out and drift into deep sleep as Kylo wrapped his arms around you. You were like a teddy bear to him and he was your safe blanket.

Staring up at the ceiling, Kylo's thumb subconsciously began to rub circles against your back as he lied there, quietly. Excitement carefully filled his veins at the thought of spending the day with you exploring Endor.

He felt like a child, all those years ago when he was told he was going to visit Endor. It always kept him up that night before, wanting nothing more than to run around the forest moon then stuck at home in the city. There was something about Endor that he enjoyed and he was starting to believe it was the disassociation from civilization. And now that he was there with you? Kylo only hoped you'd see a far better side of him.

Being the Supreme Leader, it wasn't wise to suddenly abandon all work and disappear without a word. He knew his role was much to large amongst the First Order... but stepping away was necessary, especially for you. Kylo wanted you to enjoy your life, to not be so cooped up in the palace. Sure, that was going to be your life when you were officially married to Kylo, but, by then, you would have a higher roll.

And, by then... he had hoped he would be more open to you. After all, he hardly trusted anyone, but being there with you, comfortable in your presence the way the two of you were... he knew there was trust there. There must've been. If you hadn't, you wouldn't have let him so close to you. And, if he hadn't, he wouldn't have taken you to Bespin... let alone, shown you his study.

Kylo wanted to break away from his hostility that was brought upon him with his title and position within the First Order. He wanted to be open, to no longer be distant or held back.