Twelve

Heavy breathing filled the palace air as the Supreme Leader stood there with a hunch in his back, one hand tightly gripped around the hilt of his saber as the other held the remnants of the now shredded painting. He couldn't hear his own thoughts, the sound of racing heart filling the void as his breathing was caught in the mix. Snapping his head up again, Kylo's breath suddenly got caught in his throat.

You were gone.

Harshly biting down, Kylo tossed the destroyed painting against the wall before storming into the study, using the Force to bring his hidden collection to the surface, he stopped with a heaving chest.

To the left of him sat a small pile of paintings, and the first one had been one he had recognized.

Turning on his heel as his own collection collided with the ground, he aimed for the stack, using the Force to lift them, one by one, as they hovered before him. The first being the snow painting. The rest... were all him.

Standing there frozen, feeling his body tremble as his extended hand began to vibrate, Kylo's lightsaber slipped from his grip and deactivated the moment it hit the ground. Eyeing them, one by one, Kylo felt his eyes burn as the more tears collected. Something within himself ached, something shattered. A piece of him felt loss—the piece he had discovered the moment he had kissed you.

Falling to his knees as all your paintings surrounded him the moment they dropped, he let out an ear piercing yell as his fists clenched—books flying off of the shelves, paintbrushes and unused easels crashing onto the ground as the lights flickered.

Feeling his body slump forward as his hands caught him, Kylo took in deep breaths, heart echoing within his ears. Seeing the corner of a painting, his blurred vision lifted with his head as he eyed it. A new painting. Pulling it closer to him, he hadn't realized that at the bottom stood two figures: you and Kylo.

Picking it up as he slowly stood, breathing heavily, he turned and looked towards the door. He had to find you.

"We will get you as far away from here as possibly." Daniel spoke as he held your hand, rushing alongside one another as he brought you to a lonesome ship that sit amongst the snow. You didn't seem to question how it was there or how he had access to it, your mind too hazy with that of your panic. You wanted nothing more than to get away from Kylo Ren. Far away.

Helping you inside and taking the pilot's seat, you sat in silence, staring at your lap as fresh tears continued to stream down your face. Deep down, you knew you weren't thinking straight.  Yet, your fearful mind took control and worked on impulses. All you could think about, all you could see was Kylo destroying the painting as you watched in horror. You knew what he was capable of, knew of his anger, but you never expected to see it first hand over a painting.

Not realizing Daniel had left the "planet's" atmosphere, you lifted your focus at the sound of his voice, only to see open space. "Now that we are far from the base, I need you to know the truth."

Sniffling, you turned your head to look at him, eyebrows furrowed. "Yes?"

"I am with the Resistance." He admitted as you blinked. "I was sent to spy on the Supreme Leader and share information with those of the rebellion."

Taking in a deep breath, you eyed him. "Was I a part of this?"

"No." He shook his head. "But... Seeing you, living a life you did not deserve... I couldn't let you suffer."