twenty seven

Too many trigger warnings, just be careful and I'm sorry if I offend anyone, its not my intention to
~~~~

Nine year old Hyunjin ran inside happily, excited from finishing his first week in grade five, he'd always been a year younger than most people in his grade and that was the result of starting his schooling a little younger than most other kids in his class. He threw his shoes off and dumped his school bag next to the kitchen counter and ran over to his dad, which he hadn't seen all week from how busy he was with work schedules, who was sitting on the couch watching tv. His dad pressed the mute button on the remote, shutting off the sound as he turned to his son, putting his hand on his head and ruffling his shiny black hair, "how was school little man?"

Hyunjin jumped excitedly in his seat, shouting out with excitement, the small gap in his teeth from where he'd recently lost a baby canine tooth showing as he grinned, "it was so good dad! Everyone was really nice and I made a friend!"

"Really? What's their name?" He chuckled at his sons enthusiasm.

"Taeyang! Oh wait no! His names Taehyung, yeah he's really cool!" He giggled at the thought of forgetting his new best friends name.

His dad felt proud, proud that his son had finally made friends with a boy and not the girls next door that would invite him over for tea parties that Hyunjin would thoroughly enjoy attending, however his face fell when Hyunjin excitedly exclaimed the one thing his mother had told him not to, "oh yeah and his boyfriend Jungkook!"

His mother rushed over, noticing the glare in Hyunjin's fathers eyes as she ushered the small boy into his room and told him to stay there, shutting the door and walking back to her husband hurriedly. Hyunjin was puzzled, he was in the midst of talking to his dad so why was he told to stay in his room, he brushed it off and got changed out of his uniform. He opened the door about to step out of his room when he heard his father shout, "so you knew he had a faggot friend and you thought it was okay?" Hyunjin grew more confused, what was a faggot and why had his father referred to Taehyung as one?

He opened the door wide enough to peek out and down the hall and see his mother whisper something incoherently, his father shouting a string of words Hyunjin was never ever allowed to say as he stepped forward, his hand raised in anger as he brought the back of his hand down across his mothers cheek. Hyunjin gasped and quickly shut the door, crawling into his bed and pulling the covers up over his face as he trembled in shock and closed his eyes, willing to drift to sleep so early in the afternoon.

A few years later and Hyunjin was now twelve, he'd witnessed a lot since that afternoon three years ago, his dad had forbid him to stop speaking to Taehyung and when he asked why, he hit him the same why he had hit his mother, eventually his mother and her side of the family had had enough and filed for a divorce but unfortunately lost custody over Hyunjin for the shitty reason of being 'unstable' the judge had sent Hyunjin home to a house where the monster had just lost it's punching bag and needed a replacement and settled for its own son. Hyunjin wanted nothing to do with his father but he was forced to live there until he'd finished school. He hated it there, everyday he would get bullied by Taehyung and his friends for the mere fact he had an abusive dad, Taehyung would call him names and push him in the halls. Hyunjin grew to hate him, his father shouting out homophobic slurs every time he struck his palm across Hyunjin's cheek or planted his fist into his sons stomach had set the mindset that it was disgusting to be gay, he hated that that was who he was now, he hated himself, so much so that every time Taehyung snarled a rude comment about his appearance or his home life or his sexuality Hyunjin would agree with him and let himself become the punching bag for all those around him, he'd go home with fresh bruises and he'd go to school with fresh bruises and there wasn't an end to the everlasting cycle of torture, both physically and mentally.