forty three

Seungmin had been doing a poor job at staying mad at Hyunjin, he was upset for probably two days before he didn't put any effort into pretending to be mad and put a little too much effort into not talking to the older for the rest of the week. They would sit at opposite ends of the lunch table and only spoke to each other if it was absolutely necessary. Of course they were still going on a date tonight but Seungmin was still slightly skeptical of him until he was able to prove him wrong.

He was sat on his bed, panic shooting through his veins as he glared at his wardrobe as if it would feel intimidated and a nice outfit would magically jump out, he got up and opened the door to his closet, pulling a black T-shirt off its hanger and holding it up to his body in front of the mirror, he did that a few more times with a few different items of clothing until he decided on a simple plain white shirt and a pair of black jeans. He had around ten minutes until Hyunjin would be there to pick him up, he didn't know where they were going because Hyunjin wanted it to be a surprise which only made Seungmin feel ten times more indecisive about his clothes since he didn't know if it would be under dressing or over dressing. He tucked and untucked his shirt about seven times before he just left it untucked and ran his fingers through his hair to act as a comb, he slipped his phone into his back pocket and stepped into his shoes and went outside to wait.

It wasn't long until Hyunjin was standing in front of him, albeit a little embarrassed from having chosen a similar outfit but still grinned widely, making the apples of his cheeks rise and his eyes crinkle, "you look cute," he giggled to which Seungmin playfully rolled his eyes, "that's a little conceited considering were wearing the same thing."  Hyunjin smiled and held out his hand to help the boy off the small step that he was sitting on, Seungmin took it and stood up, Hyunjin lacing their fingers together as he started walking down the path. "I'm sorry I don't have a car we'll have to walk but luckily its not far," Hyunjin smiled over at Seungmin who smiled in returned, making Hyunjin internally sob at how beautiful he looked.

They walked a little ways longer, Hyunjin briefly stopping to scratch at the back of his neck as he looked down shyly, making Seungmin stare at him slightly confused, "I did have something planned but now it seems really boring but it took me the whole week to figure out what to do I almost had three breakdowns, well almost two I did have one but that's not my point, my point is I..." he rambled on, his sentence trailing short once he noticed the cute smile and soft eyes gazing fondly at him.

"It's okay Jinnie, if you want we can do something else, I'm not here for the venue I'm here for you," Seungmin smiled, lacing their hands together again, leaving Hyunjin to deal with his pounding heart and the thousands of butterflies fluttering throughout his stomach.

He pondered on the thought for a minute before nodding his head, the two deciding to walk until they found a suitable place for the their date. Seungmin's eyes roamed the street they walked down, walking a little too close together so they could hold hands and not be stared at weirdly, since two males having any sort of affectionate interaction was still somewhat taboo in Korea. His gaze got caught on a little wooden chalkboard with a cutely drawn cheesecake on it, lightly squeezing Hyunjin's hand and pointing over to the scratchy white markings he asked, "do you like cheesecake?"

Hyunjin stared at him baffled, shaking his head with his brows furrowed but quickly speaking up when he noticed Seungmin's face drop slightly, "of course I like cheesecake sunshine, sorry I was just confused because who doesn't love cheesecake?" He asked rhetorically, looking down the road and crossing the street quickly, Seungmin in tow with his fingers wrapped tightly between the others.

They entered the small store, the bell jingling softly to notify the workers out the back that someone was in their store, the sweet smell of the different assortments of desserts filled their noses making them contentedly hum as they walked towards the display case filled with cakes, cookies, donuts and other sorts of sweet treats, a small woman walked up to the counter, an overly cheery grin stuck on her face as if she'd been doing it for so long it had magically gotten stuck that way, "how can I help you two?" She asked, her patience running about as thin as a string of cotton when the two boys got caught up in a discussion about what flavour cheesecake and if they should each have their own or share one. They decided on a simple mango cheesecake slice to share since they both weren't entirely that hungry and two hot chocolates

Seungmin grabbed some cash from his back pocket and went to hand it to the lady but had his hand swatted away as Hyunjin handed over the money instead, the two bickering back and forth over who should pay, the woman behind the counter sighed, placing her thumb and forefinger over her temples, rubbing her face frustratedly before plastering her work smile on again as Hyunjin handed the money over proudly, Seungmin sulking behind him from having lost their small battle.

They sat at a small table by the window hands tightly wrapped around their warm drinks as they got lost in a conversation about bees. Hyunjin picked up his fork and stabbed a bit of the cheesecake, the biscuit like base crumbling slightly as he picked it up, "this is gonna seem really cheesy but I've always wanted to try it," he smiled, holding the fork up towards Seungmin's mouth, the latter giggling softly before eating it, letting out a groan of satisfaction at how perfect it was. Next it was Seungmin to pick up his fork and hold a piece out to Hyunjin whose eyes lit up  as he swallowed it, "oh my god that's literally the best thing I've ever tasted," he whined. Both of them inhaling half the slice each and fighting over the left over crumbs.

~~~~
Pt 1 ;)?
Also sorry its currently 6:54 am and I just woke up so if I missed an editing mistake pls forgive