twenty eight

Seungmin listened intently, making sure to keep his hand softly on his knee or rubbing soothing circles on his back or running his fingers through Hyunjin's glossy hair to make him more comfortable with everything he was explaining. He stopped talking every now and then just to breathe or wipe his tears then continued with a shaky breath, Seungmin's heart was shattering, he'd always used to think Hyunjin was just a dick by nature and he hadn't realised it was his defensive instincts that had built up a wall, that made Seungmin determined to carefully deconstruct it and build up a new, stronger wall that had his past behind it. Seungmin made a silent vow to never let anything hurt Hyunjin again.

Shortly after Hyunjin had finished spilling his past the two ended up laying down, legs tangled as Hyunjin's ragged breathing fanned across Seungmin's chest, the latter holding Hyunjin in his arms as he kept his hand tangled in his hair and his lips planted softly on his forehead, whispering small sweet nothings every now and then as Hyunjin's breath shuddered quietly, thankful that Seungmin was always able to calm him down.

"I'm always going to be here for you," he whispered softly, Hyunjin nodded and slipped his arm around Seungmin's waist, growing rapidly tired from the nonstop crying since yesterday afternoon and the added feature of not being able to sleep. "Its alright you can go to sleep, I won't go anywhere I promise," Seungmin said, noticing the small stifled yawn as he pressed another light kiss to Hyunjin's forehead. Hyunjin obliged, feeling safe and warm for once in Seungmin's embrace as he drifted to sleep, his breathing eventually evening out. Seungmin made sure he was asleep before he could relax, he was going to protect Hyunjin for as long as he could, he didn't care what it would take but he never wanted to see this boy cry sad tears ever again he only ever wanted to see warm smiles like the one from yesterday afternoon or bright, sparkling eyes as he spoke about something he liked and Seungmin silently prayed that he could experience every one of those things from now on and no one else.

With nothing but the boy in mind Seungmin fell asleep, arms wound around Hyunjin protectively and legs intertwined as he matched his breathing with the fragile boy beside him. The two stayed like that, Hyunjin unconsciously curling up or nuzzling his head further into Seungmin's chest every now and then, desperate for more warmth and every time he did that Seungmin would tighten his arms around the boy. Seungmin's mother had returned from work and noticed two pairs of school shoes at the front door and also how quiet it was, usually when Seungmin had any of his friends over they were quite loud to say the least. She silently walked up the stairs, hissing a few times at the steps who creaked and wailed as she stepped on them. She stepped onto the landing and peered her head over to her sons room, eyes softening at the sight, she quietly closed the door but not fully shutting it, not wanting to disturb their sleeping as she head back down stairs to tidy up and watch a movie.

~~~~
Go read IDKImNotCreatives books, I'm so excited for trapped jdjdnwmsknw