15. "Until it sticks."

A/N: As promised, here's another chapter. I'm coming back from my trip tomorrow, so I'll get a few chapters done in the car ride home.

This chapter wasn't intendeed to be long, if kind of just happened.

This chapter is being posted early, so hooray for me!

Enjoy this long chapter :)

MACKENZIE'S POV:

Annie!

I was too caught up with talking to Johnny, that I've forgotten all about how Annie was feeling in this whole situation.

I'm assuming that's why Hayden wants to talk to me about, to see if Annie was okay.

But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I walked over to the park, tripping a few times. But I finally got there. The park was full of people, I guess today is busier than most days. I observed around the park, looking for Hayden.

That's when I spotted him.

Hayden was sitting on a bench, pushing his feet off of the ground every few seconds. I walked over to him, and sat next to him, on the bench.

"Hey," he muttered, not even looking at me.

I roll my eyes, "Let's skip all of the small talks and get to the real reason you brought me here."

I was probably a little too upfront. But I didn't care. I didn't want to talk to him like we were friends, because we aren't. "Okay..." he gulped. "I came here to tell you that--"

He stopped mid-sentence and closed his eyes. He bit his bottom lip out of anxiety, and finally blurted out his statement. "Johnny and Annie are dating!"

I cringed. What was going on in that boy's idiotic head?

I began laughing shortly after, which only left him confused. "W-What's going on here?"

I playfully rolled my eyes, ready to give Annie's crush a life-changing lesson. "They aren't dating, Hayden. Johnny has been trying to get Annie to ask you out for weeks."

I wanted to add some extra information, just to make sure he doesn't get upset. "Annie has had a crush on you for a while now, she finally built up the courage to ask you out, on the stairs, the other day. But you never showed up.

 I don't know what you saw, but they've become friends while working on the whole mission. They're friends, nothing more." Why would he even think that?!

Hayden blinked a few times, completely in shock. "You're serious?"

I nodded. He face-palmed himself, grunting. "What have I done?! I beat up Johnny!"

I chuckled, imagining Maddie carrying Johnny out of her room. "H-How is he?"

Even after this whole fight, Johnny and Hayden still care about each other. "He's pretty beat up, but he doesn't seem to care. He isn't really mad at you, which is confusing. You should talk to him--and apologize."

I winced, wondering if I'd said too much. "W-What about Annie?"

I smirked to myself. He really does like Annie. A lot.

"I'm not sure. I haven't talked to her. All I know is that she really likes you, you should ask her out." I glance over at him, to see him in deep thought. "What happened after Johnny and I left the junkyard?"

I brought my feet up from the floor, to the bench. Getting comfortable for Hayden's speech. I waited a while for him to answer, I was beginning to think he wouldn't.