Chapter 7

Killian's POV

Yesterday Emma and I were put on the same side help me learn to "share" the spotlight. Though when it got dark she freaked and ran off. I went home that night and laid in my bed just thinking. Why did Emma run and who is responsible? At school this morning I noticed Emma was alittle off every so often she would grab her back in pain of some sort. Everyone around her didnt seem to notice, but I did and it made me worried.

"Swan can we talk?" I ask.

"Not now Killian. We can do the thing Mr.Gold assigned later." Emma says.

"Emma please this is important. I really want to talk to you." I say.

"Look I know what your gonna ask or say. Look I know you saw me grab onto my back earlier, but its nothing. I just slept weird last night." She says.

"Emma thats a lie. I know it is I can see it in your eyes." I say.

"Just drop it." She says walking away.

She slammed her locker shut and walked away from me. I wasnt going to back down even if she "wants" me too.

"Hey Jones! Stop bothering my girlfriend." Neal says

"Well some boyfriend you are. Your not even caring that she is in pain." I say.

"Emma's always in pain. Bad sleeping, falling alot, doors she runs into, ect.. It happens all the time. Me and everyone else who knows Emma knows that. So dont turn this into something its not and stay the hell away from her." He says.

He just walked away and I knew something was off. Though Im starting to think Neal might not be the one hurting Emma. He seemed to truly believe the stories she tells. After school Emma and I planned to meet at the park, but she wasnt there. So I went to find her and decided to look in the forest. There was no luck until I heard someone and thats when I saw Emma she was looking at a huge ass bruise and a couple of little ones on her back.

"Oh my god Emma! Are you okay?Theres no way sleeping weird caused that. What the hell happened?" I ask her.

"Nothing Killian. Its nothing." Emma says trying not to cry.

"Emma those are clearly not nothing. Someone is doing this to you arent they? Well screw Gold's plan for today. Im taking you to my house and we'll see what we can do." I say holding out my hand.

She didnt fight back instead she grabbed my hand and I walked with her to my house. I know she doesnt want to tell me what happened, but as long as she knows someone was gonna help her and truly be on her side thats all she needs right now. I dont know why, but I feel as if I the need to protect Emma and you know what I kinda like this feeling.