4 ; you just can't handle yourself

Roman went back to his locker room to see Brie pacing around. He closed the door, getting her attention.

"Roman, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything like that before," she walks up to him. He shakes his head. "Don't worry about it. I'm sorry for lashing out at you. You know I didn't mean it. I just don't like people asking me about Charlotte and me," Roman says. "But I promise. When I'm ready, I'll tell you," Roman says wrapping his arms around her waist.

She sighs and nods her head. "Now give me a kiss. It's highly needed," he smirks, making her giggle. She gently places her lips on his. He pulled away, giving her a small kiss on her forehead. "You ready to get out of here? I wanna sleep," he says picking up his suitcase handle. "Uh," she laughs. "I love you, but I hate the way you smell. Go shower," she smiles. "Oh c'mon, Brie. It's only for an hour," he whines. "Then I'd have to open up my suitcase."

Before Brie could answer, there was a knock on the door. Roman looked confused at her before walking over to the door and opening it to see Charlotte. "Oh look! Princess couldn't get enough attention. I'm taken, Charlotte," he teases. Charlotte rolls her eyes. "I came to talk to Brie. I heard you were looking for me," Charlotte says as Roman looks at her.

"Why'd you need to talk to her?" Roman asked her. Brie sighed. Roman scoffs. "You don't trust me," he says. "Roman, it's not like that," she pleads. "No. I'll ride with Dean or Seth. I'm sure they wouldn't mind and won't ask questions," he says taking his suitcase handle before walking out the room.

"I'm sorry if I caused any of this," Charlotte says. "No, you're fine. He was upset with me before you came here," she sighed sitting on the couch. Charlotte sighs. "Brie, if this is about my feelings towards Roman or his feelings towards me, I don't think it's my place to tell you," she explains. "I just wanted to know why you guys have so much hatred towards each other. Did you guys date or something? In secret, because I'm not one to judge," she chuckles.

"What? No, no. It was never like that. And trust me. If Roman and I dated, even in secret, I'm sure there would be tons of articles about us being in tag teams every week, hinting that we were probably going to get back together or he was cheating on you, which I know he's not," Charlotte smiles. "He really cares about you. Won't ever stop talking about you," she adds on.

Brie smiles but then huffs out in frustration. "And I feel bad for everything. He thinks I don't trust him because I wanted to talk to you," she says. "I know where you're coming from. But I'm sure whenever he's ready to tell you why he has his feelings towards me, he'll tell you," Charlotte comforts. "If it makes you feel any better, I haven't told Bobby either, but it's not like he ever cares what I'm doing," Charlotte sighs.

"Sorry, I've been making this all about Roman and I. How are things with you and Bobby? You don't look too happy about it," Brie asks patting the seat next to her. Charlotte chuckles. "Is it that noticeable?" She sits down. "More gray hairs than when your dad was here," Brie teases as the two share a laugh.

"I saw Alexa. She told me that they talked," she explains. "Apparently, he's with me for a reason, and I don't think it's a good reason," Charlotte says. "I think, it's because he wants to take things to the next step. I mean, you guys have been together for what, 2 years?" Brie asks. Charlotte chuckles. "Almost three," she corrects. Brie widens her eyes.

"Then he's really going to propose. I mean, three years?" She says. Charlotte sighs. "I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just worrying about things that shouldn't be worried about."

682 words

4/10! Next chapter is when things start shaping into place. We start to see a different side of both Roman and Charlotte when they're by themselves, especially with the situation that they'll be put in!

Love you all!!

~Chelsea💜💜