5

5 - Kim Seokjin?

☆5 - Kim Seokjin?

Yoongi lay on a lonely, rusted park bench as the sun set. He stared up at the moon, dreading the moment he would return home. He was glad to have his mother back, but no one else was. He just needed a moment to himself.

"Yoongi-hyung?" And for a moment, Yoongi truly thought he would be alone. He sat up eyeing the figure before him. "Yes?" He replied sarcastically.

"Oh, hey. I wasn't sure if it was you." The red-haired boy smiled, trying to loosen the tension between them. He gestured towards the spot beside Yoongi and asked if he could sit. Yoongi nodded.

Hoseok sat down, asking "How are you feeling?" Yoongi sighed, staring off in the opposite direction. He knew he could trust Hoseok, but he didn't want to. "I'm fine." Yoongi turned his body to face the younger. He pulled his legs onto the bench and crossed them in front of Hoseok. He leaned his head in his hand, staring at the red-haired boy as he asked, "How are you?"

Hoseok bit his lip, looking to the ground. His eyes watered, as he admitted, for the first time, "I'm not good." He looked back up at Yoongi, whose eyes had softened. A single tear, followed by many, slipped from Hoseok's eyes and Yoongi promptly pulled him into his arms.

"M-my dad i-is m-m-maki-ing me l-lie t-to m-y-y mom beca-ause he has-s c-ca-ancer and-d he wont t-tell h-her." Yoongi rubbed Hoseoks back, trying to comfort him. "I'm sorry," Yoongi whispered between Hoseok's sobs.

"Yoongi-ah, may I borrow a pen?" Yoongi turned his head from the board to the boy behind him. He raised an eyebrow, asking, "Do I know you?"

The blonde boy rolled his eyes, asking again. "May I borrow a pen?" Yoongi shook his head and turned back around. "I'm Kim Seokjin," the boy huffed, crossing his arms and blowing the hairs on the back of Yoongi's head out of place.

He exaggeratedly set them back in place with his palm and Seokjin began to giggle. "It'll be fine, you'll look cute either way," He whispered into Yoongi's ear, making his eyes widen. Yoongi turned around and said nonchalantly, "I'm not cute," and turned back around as the bell rang. He quickly gathered his things as fast as he could and scurried out the the classroom, flustered.

"Hey, Hyung!" Hoseok skipped over to Yoongi with a smile on his face. Yoongi turned his head. "Yes?" Yoongi asked, staring straight through the younger. Hoseok's smile faded. He furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head. "What?"

"Is there something you need?" Yoongi clarified. Hoseok sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I was going to walk with you so we can go to lunch together." Yoongi continued to walk towards the cafeteria, Hoseok following closely behind. They sat at the same empty table as usual, in silence, until Yoongi decided to ask, "Do you know Kim Seokjin?"

Hoseok looked up, confused; he turned his head towards Yoongi who seemed to be deeply thinking about something. "The blonde one?" Hoseok asked, worried, whilst taking a bite of his sandwich. Yoongi nodded; Hoseok narrowed his eyes, swallowing before asking, "Why?"

"Just-" Yoongi took a deep breath looking past Hoseok, noticing the mentioned blonde boy at a table behind them. "Do you know him?" Yoongi lowered his voice, averting his gaze away from Seokjin. "Yeah," Hoseok bit his lip nervously, hoping Yoongi wouldn't ask what he just so happened, ask right after.

"What's he like?" The red-haired boy sighed, adjusting his legs into a more comfortable position facing Yoongi. "Hyung... I don't think he's someone you want to be with."

"Whatever," The older groaned, cutting him off, lying his head onto the table and closing his eyes. He thought to himself, The only person I want to be with, is you, Jung Hoseok. You know that.

"Hey Yoongi, are you hungry?" Yoongi walked upstairs, throwing his backpack into his room, uncaring of the consequences. He ran to his mother who was cooking in the kitchen and hugged her like it was the last time he ever would.

She sqeaked, prompting Yoongi to loosen his grip on her waist. They both burst into laughter, "I love you so much," Yoongi's tears flowed without his consent, not being able to hold in his emotions any longer, he sobbed. He buried his head into the crook of his mothers neck and continued crying as she rubbed his back. "It's okay... It's okay," she repeated.

"I'm n-not h-hungry," he replied, hyperventilating. He let go of her, trying to catch up with his breathing. She sighed, grabbing his hands, "You can eat it, it's noodles."

Suddenly, Yoongi began crying again, but he wasnt sure if they were happy or sad tears, so he just smiled. Genuinely.