10

10 - Moving

☆10 - Moving

Yoongi was eating his ramen beside his mother when he heard a knock on the door. He looked over at her, noticing she wasn't showing any signs of getting up. Yoongi stood up to answer the door instead, earning a confused look from his mother. "Where are you going?"

"I'm getting the door." He slowly opened the door peeking through it, surprised when he saw Hoseok standing there, smiling. "Hoseok-ah? What are you doing here?" The younger slightly shook his head. "Are you not going to invite me in?" Yoongi hesitantly opened the door, apologizing as Hoseok came in.

"Who was it?" Yoongi's mother asked, staring down at his now-empty bowl of ramen that she had just eaten.  Hoseok moved to stand beside Yoongi as his mother looked up. "This is Hoseok." She looked to both sides of Yoongi, before settling on one. "It's nice to meet you, Hoseok," she said with a smile. He smiled back.

"Well," she raised her eyebrows, looking back at Yoongi. "You two should go up to your room before your dad gets home." They both nodded, making their way up the stairs.

Yoongi shut the door behind him as Hoseok sat on his bed, softly touching the fabric beneath him with his fingertips. "So why are you here?" Hoseok looked up, plastering a small smile on his face. "I wanted to apologize, for everything." Yoongi locked his door before approaching the younger. "It's fine, Hoseok-ah, I'll get over it."

Hoseok hummed in reponse, looking around Yoongi's room. Yoongi sat beside Hoseok, frowning as the younger seemed to be spacing out. "You came all the way here to apologize?"

"And to tell you that I'm moving." Yoongi's eyes widened. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, it was just all so sudden." Yoongi nodded, trying to grasp the situation at hand. "Will you still-" Hoseok interrupted him, assuring that he would come by whenever he could and just like that, Hoseok was gone, leaving Yoongi in a bit of shock.

--

"Yoongi-ah," Seokjin called with a sad smile. Yoongi turned around. "H-how are you doing?" The older asked, sounding concerned for reasons Yoongi didn't quite understand. "I'm doing fine?"

"Well that's good. Hey, do you want to sit with me and my friends today?" Yoongi replied without thinking. "Why would I? I can sit with Ho-" oh. The reality of last night suddenly hit him. "Maybe you can sit with me instead?" Yoongi corrected himself. "I-if you want-" Seokjin started. "I dont. I'm just trying to be nice." Yoongi walked out the classroom, ignoring the pouting blonde behind him.

Yoongi sat down feeling oddly hungry for the first time. He tried to shrug off the feeling by sleeping, but he couldn't. Someone was staring at him and it was burning a hole in Yoongi's head. He looked up. "Is there something you want?" Seokjin shook his head, continuing to stare at the mint-haired boy.

"Do you want a strawberry?" Seokjin asked after a while, receiving a blunt, "No."

"Are you sure?" He pressed on, raising his eyebrows. Yoongi sighed, holding his hand out in front of the older. "Just give it to me."

"You know, I didn't mean to hurt Hoseok." Seokjin looked down at his food; Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. "Then why did you?" Yoongi looked at Seokjin, who seemed very guilty, not even gaining the courage to look Yoongi in the eyes. "I-I do whatever my friends say because I'm afraid of them leaving me." He lowered his voice. "And they told you to say and do all of that?" Yoongi wasn't buying it until Seokjin slowly nodded, still not averting his gaze. "I'm so sorry, Yoongi-ah. It's my fault Hoseok is gone and I want to make it up to you in any way I can."

"It's not your fault that he moved. If anything, the blame should be put on his family, don't worry about it. He promised he would still visit, so it's fine." Seokjin finally looked up, taken aback by Yoongi's words. "I-I... um... that's good." He forced a smile, trying to hide his true thoughts and emotions from the boy across from him. Seokjin was determined to befriend Yoongi, no matter what it took...

...And that's where their story truly began.