14

14 - Gun

☆14 - Gun

Three years prior...

"Jeonghan, your hair is fine!" Jeonghan rolled his eyes at his brother, stomping out of the bathroom. Taehyung stood there, shaking his head. He checked his face in the mirror one last time before leaving the bathroom as well.

"Jeonghanie!" A girl with dark hair ran through the front door, jumping onto her boyfriend and hugging him. "You look great, Seulgi. As usual." "You do too," She smiled, looking around the room. "Tae Tae!"

Taehyung opened his arms, Seulgi quickly filling them. "How have you been, noona?" He let go, facing the older. "I've been great. Jeonghanie has been taking good care of me," she smiled. "Well, I'm glad."

The three of them walked into the kitchen, sitting down at the dining table.

"I'm staying at Jungkook's place tonight."  Taehyung packed the rest of his things in his backpack, throwing it over his shoulder when he finished. "Have fun, Tae Tae!" Seulgi shouted from the bed.

"You too." He walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. "I'm heading out, now." He told his parents as he walked out the door.

He ran across the street and down the alleyway until he reached the backyard Jungkook was waiting in. Taehyung smiled, running towards the younger and jumping over the fence. "Let's go!" Jungkook ran into the house, giggling as Taehyung tried to catch up.

Once inside, Taehyung tackled Jungkook, both of them bursting into a fit of laughter. Jungkook turned around on the ground to face the older who was hovering over him. Jungkook's smile faded as as Taehyung began leaning closer to him. "Tae..." Jungkook started, before Taehyung pressed their lips together, stopping him.

Jungkook kissed back, wrapping his arm around Taehyung's neck and grabbing onto the colar of his shirt. "What the fuck, guys?" "Jimin!" The two synced, pulling away from eachother. Jimin smiled, "That's gay." Taehyung jumped onto his feet, offering his hand for Jungkook to grab.

The two of them awkwardly stood next to eachother as Jimin stared them down. The oldest sighed, muttering to himself, "I didn't sign up to be a third wheel," as he left Jungkook's house.

"I'm sorry I did that." Taehyung averted his gaze to the floor. "Tae-hyungie," Jungkook almost whispered, causing Taehyung to look back up. "What are your feelings towards me?" Both boys' cheeks flushed a light shade of pink as he asked this. Taehyung stared into Jungkook's hopeful eyes, a wave a nervousness suddenly hitting him. "I-I- um- I don't know."  Jungkook smiled, trying his best to hide his disappointment. "Alright."

A voice inside Jungkook's head was torturing him throughout the whole night. He's never going to return your feelings.

Why are you still trying?

You mean nothing to him.

He'll find someone better.

You disgust him.

He's too good for you.

You're ugly and annoying.

"I-I'll be back, Tae. I'm going to the bathroom." Taehyung nodded. "Okay." Jungkook ran up the stairs into his dad's room grabbing the gun under his bed. Do it, you bitch.

It's not like anyone will miss you.

Jungkook walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. He stared at himself in the mirror; he hated what he saw. You're disgusting. A gay piece of shit. Not even your parents love you. Why are you even hesitating? You know that you would be better off dead. Your mother wants you dead. Your father wants you dead. Your brother wants you dead... Jungkook unlocked the door, hovering his hand over the doorknob. Jimin wants you dead. Yoongi wants you dead... He stopped, instead pulling the gun up to his head, watching himself in the mirror as tears streamed down his face. Taehyung wants you dead. And he pulled the trigger, collapsing onto the bathroom floor.

"JUNGKOOK!?"

"Hey Tae." Taehyung stopped walking and turned around. "Hey hyung. Are you feeling better?" Seokjin nodded, continuing to walk with Taehyung by his side. "I think i'm going to talk to Yoongi."

Taehyung turned his head towards the older. "Really?" Seokjin nodded. "That's good." The two walked into the cafeteria, splitting up, Taehyung sitting with his friends and Seokjin sitting with Yoongi.

"I'm sorry." Seokjin told Yoongi, making the younger sit up. "What for?" Seokjin smiled, explaining himself. "For being nosy and assuming we were close. I get that you don't want to be my friend and I respect that." Yoongi bit his lip, shaking his head.

"It's not that I don't want to be your friend-" Yoongi stopped, being interrupted by Seokjin. "You don't have to force yourself, I understand if you don't-" "Can you just shut up for one second!" Seokjin's eyes widened. "I want to be your friend, but I'm afraid..." Yoongi added, with less confidence than before.

Seokjin sighed observing every feature Yoongi held. He admired everything thing about the younger, the way his lips moved when he talked, his deep voice, and anything else you could think of. He couldn't imagine his life without Yoongi in it, even if the younger didn't seem to feel the same. "Of what," He asked.

"Of getting hurt, of being left alone." Yoongi replied, quietly. "I-I promise I won't leave you, Yoongi-ah." Yoongi shook his head, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. "That's what Hoseok said, but he left anyways." Seokjin swallowed, tapping his foot under the table. "Well I'm not Hoseok, I'm Jin... and I keep my promises."