13

13 - Everything

☆13 - Everything

--

Yoongi began walking up the stairs to his room when the chime of the doorbell rang through his ears. "I'll get it!" He sighed, walking back to open the door he had just entered. He stared blankly through the doorway, not really acknowledging the person's presence. 

"Yoongi?" The boy at the door waved his hands in front of Yoongi's face, snapping him out of his trance. "Hoseok-ah." Hoseok smiled, walking past Yoongi into the house. "How have you been?" Hoseok turned around, as did Yoongi; they were facing each other. "Seokjin has been bothering me..." Yoongi looked away, avoiding eye contact with the younger. "Yeah, he is pretty annoying. What was he asking?"

"Just personal questions that I wasn't comfortable answering.' Yoongi looked up and began walking towards the stairs, Hoseok following close behind. 

"You know that park near the school?" Hoseok asked, staring straight through Yoongi. The latter nodded, raising a questioning eyebrow. "Meet me there, tomorrow after school." Yoongi opened his mouth to say something but was quickly interrupted. "You don't have to be there right away, but at least within 30 minutes."

"O-okay. I'll be there." Yoongi forced a smile, caught a bit off guard by Hoseok's assertiveness. "Good!" Hoseok gave Yoongi a huge smile before getting up and leaving the room. 

--

"Seokjin can you come here, please?" Seokjin hopped off his bed, running down the stairs to meet his father. "Yes?"His father pat the seat beside him, Seokjin sitting down shortly after. "What's wrong? You seem down lately." The younger sighed, slouching his shoulders a bit more than usual. "It's just my friend..." "Yoongi?" His father perked an eyebrow, suddenly more interested than before; Seokjin nodded in response. 

"I think he's being abused at home and he hurts himself. He seems so insecure and I can't even fathom why someone that beautiful would feel that way." His father smiled, a smile full of many emotions. "You really care for him, don't you?" A new voice ask from the kitchen. 

"Jaemin..." "What? Can't you see that this is a good thing? This is the first time Jin has ever seemed to take an non-sexual interest in someone!" Seokjin's father rolled his eyes, directing his focus back to his son. 

"i do," he said lowly, only loud enough for someone directly in front of him to hear. "I know." His father replied, pulling Seokjin into a hug as the younger began sobbing.

"Yoonie, baby..." "Can't you see how much Jin is hurting? In his whole life, I've never seen him this upset, even after the divorce!" Seokjin's father, Yoonsuk, rubbed his temples and paced around the room as his husband tried to console him. "He'll be fine, Yoonie. Just let him figure things out on his own. We can't be with him every second of his life."

Yoonsuk nodded, taking  few slow, deep breaths. "Baby, look at me," Jaemin gently grabbed his husbands jaw, pulling his head up to face him. "I love you," He softly kissed Yoonsuk's lips, rubbing circles on his back with his thumb at the same time. 

--

Seokjin woke up the next day, dried tears covering his cheeks. He got up and got dressed, ate breakfast and began to open the front door when his step dad's voice stopped him in his tracks. "Let me drive you to school, today." 

Seokjin turned around. "Shouldn't you be at work?" Jaemin shook his head, grabbing his keys off the counter and walking towards the door. "They found out about your dad and I's marriage and they fired me." He coldly laughed, walking past Seokjin and outside the door. "What's wrong with being gay?" Jaemin asked himself as he walked to his car. 

"They're just close-minded. You'll find a better job that will except you for who you are." Jaemin shrugged, climbing into the drivers seat. "So tell me about this 'Yoongi' person." Seokjin sighed. "He's small; his hair reminds me of a mint. He always smells like one, too. His face is almost prettier than mine-"  "Wait wait. He's that pretty? Enough to compare to you?" Seokjin laughed, nodding. He continued. "He only ever wears hoodies and long pants, but he can wear anything still look perfect." His step dad smiled, taking notice of Seokjin's rambling. "What's his personality like?"

Seokjin glanced at Jaemin who kept his eyes on the road and answered. "He seems shy, but he just doesn't like people. He's always sleeping and even so, he always acts tired. He doesn't like to talk about himself and he doesn't see just how beautiful he is. He's a really caring friend, despite what people think. And he's super sweet."

"What about you?" Seokjin looked back over at Jaemin as the car came to a hault. "What do you mean?"  "What do you like about him?" Jaemin clarified. 

"Everything."