17

17 - Last Chance

"Y-Yoongi-ah, what the f-fuck? You almost gave me a goddamn heartattack! Why didn't you say something? I wasn't prepared for that." Seokjin rambled; Yoongi just stared at him, soaking in his beauty. "How are you so pretty?" "W-what?" Seokjin was a blushing mess. Yoongi sighed, turning his body away from the older. "I'm sorry for scaring you. I know you don't like me in that way, but I just had to find out something."

"D-did you find what you were looking for?" Seokjin asked, scooting a bit closer to Yoongi. "No," Yoongi replied nonchalantly. "Is there anything I can-" Yoongi got up, planting his hands on the bed in front of Seokjin. "Kiss me." He gripped onto the bed sheets as Seokjin sat up. "Why?" The older asked calmly.

Yoongi collapsed onto the floor, taking the bed sheets with him. "I-I don't know. Hyung, H-Hoseok just confessed to me today and asked to be my b-boyfriend and I said yes, b-but I'm over here having these weird thoughts about you and I-I just d-don't understand." Seokjin frowned looking down at Yoongi who was fighting his tears. "Yoongi, I need to tell you something about Hoseok." "H-hold on," Yoongi unlocked his phone answer a call from Hoseok.

"What're you doing, love?" Hoseok's voice asked from the other end of the phone. "I'm with Seokjin-hyung." Hoseok hummed in response. "Why don't you come over to my place? I bet i'll be more fun than Seokjin." Yoongi's eyes widened. "I don't know where you live." "I'll send you the address! I love you, baby, see you soon!" "O-okay..." Yoongi mumbled as the line disconnected.

"Who was it?" Yoongi stood up and sat back on the bed. "It was Hoseok." "W-what did he want?" Seokjin asked, sounding concerned. "He wants me to go to his house." Seokjin's eyes widened impossibly. "Don't go!" He blurted out, confusing the younger. "W-why?" Seokjin knew he was nothing compared to Hoseok in Yoongi's eyes. He knew Yoongi would do what Hoseok said before even considering what Seokjin said, but he had to try. Seokjin didn't want Yoongi to get hurt.

"It's just getting late, I don't want you to go out in the dark all alone." "Oh." Yoongi bit the inside of his cheek, careful to avoid eye contact with the older. "Yoongi..." Yoongi brought his head up, only briefly looking at Seokjin. "...Do you love Hoseok?" Yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't find the right words.

"Some time during our second year together, I realized that I loved Hoseok and when I found out he was in the hospital, I saw it as my last chance because I didn't know if he was going to die or not." Seokjin nodded, listening intently as Yoongi spoke. "So I went to visit him and I told him how I felt. I know now that I was stupid to do that, but it's too late. He told me he was sorry, and that he liked someone else. I-It still hurts, to think back, but I think that over time, my feelings for him faded, because being with him now just feels so wrong. H-he kissed me and I couldn't help but think that it was such a disappointment. He's so different now, and I don't know why."

Yoongi began to tear up, but Seokjin held onto his cheeks, wiping the tears before they could fall. "I know why he's different, Yoongi-ah, but I don't think you will believe me." Yoongi's lip quivered. "Please tell me."

Yoongi heard his phone buzz, it was the text message from Hoseok containing his address. He turned off his phone, listening to what Seokjin had to say. "Do you remember the boy from the news? The one they said fell off the roof?" Yoongi nodded. "It was Hoseok." Yoongi's eyes widened in disbelief. "W-what?" It seemed that his illusion he had created for himself was being crushed to pieces. "Y-you can't be serious."

"I am." "B-but what about when he came to my house? When he k-kissed me... S-seokjin-n w-why? A-am I g-going crazy? T-this s-s-shouldn't be happening! Jin, p-please, I d-don't understand-d. H-help m-m-me-" Seokjin pulled the sobbing Yoongi into his arms, running his fingers through his hair. "I'll help you, I'll always help you. It's going to be okay."