24

24 - Headache

☆24 - Headache

"Good morning, Yoongi." Seokjin yawned, sitting upright and turning to the younger who had been staring at Seokjin for the past hour. "No matter how many times I look at you, I don't think I'll ever get used to how beautiful you are," Yoongi said as he climbed off the bed. "I could say the same to you," Seokjin smiled.

"It's time for school, kiddos!" Jaemin yelled through the slightly cracked door of Seokjin's bedroom. "Ack, he's worse than an alarm clock!" Seokjin shouted, causing Yoongi to giggle. "Come on, get ready for school, blondie," Yoongi ruffled the older's hair as he walked to Seokjin's closet, stealing an outfit for the day. He changed in the bathroom, leaving Seokjin alone to get ready as well.

"So, where are we sitting today?" Seokjin asked. "At my table," Yoongi replied, not even needing to think about his answer. Seokjin smiled, mumbling an, "Of course," to himself.

Seokjin grabbed his lunch, meeting Yoongi at the table and for the first time, Yoongi wasn't sleeping or laying his head on the table. He sat there, with his hands folded, patiently waiting for Seokjin to return. "Hey there, cutie." Yoongi instantly smiled at the nickname, gesturing for the older to sit beside him; Seokjin obliged.

"Hey guys, sorry for interrupting... but like, can I sit here? Jeonghan and Taehyung aren't here and I didn't want to sit alone." Seokjin looked over to Yoongi, silently asking permission; the latter just shrugged. "Sure, it's fine."

"So is this Yoongi? The one Jeonghan and I bet on?" Seokjin sighed, rubbing his temples with his fingertips. "Yes Seungcheol, it is. And for your information, you lost. I'll make sure Jeonghan knows, so don't think you can get out of it." Seungcheol scoffed, directing his gaze back to Yoongi, who seemed somewhat upset as he stared up at Seokjin. "Oh shit. Jin-hyung didn't bet on you or anything, Yoongi. Jeonghan and I just bet on whether or not you two would become friends. Jin had nothing to do with it-" "It's fine," Yoongi cut in, slightly smiling.

"Well I made sure to get extra fruit for you," Seokjin broke the silence, pointing to the small bowl of fruit in front of him. Yoongi extended his hand to grab the bowl. "Thank you- ow- fuck!" Yoongi held his head in pain, dropping the bowl. His brain began throbbing and aching in the worst pain Yoongi had ever felt. "Yoongi! Are you okay?" Seokjin held onto the younger's shoulders, his eyes wide with concern; Yoongi shook his head. "I have a horrible headache- I- Can we just go home?" Seokjin quickly nodded, wiping away his tears before they could fall. He was pretty sure he knew why Yoongi got this headache out of nowhere, and he didn't think he was ready for what would happen after.

The two quickly rushed out of the school, not bothering to check out at the front desk. They ran all the way back to Seokjin's house, the older fumbling with his keys at the doorstep. Yoongi snatched the keys from his
hands, unlocking the door himself.

"My head hurts like hell, Hoseok. What did you do?" Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, glaring at the younger. "I did nothing, Tae. It's probably just you waking up."

Taehyung's eyes widened; he was speechless, the pain in his head only becoming worse as time passed. He lay on his side on the ground, his face buried in his knees. "It's okay. The pain will go away soon and you'll be awake, back to where you came from." Jimin pat Taehyung's back, feeling slight sympathy for the younger. 

The minutes seemed to be going by much slower than Taehyung had remembered. The scenery around him became duller the more he thought about it. Memories that Taehyung hadn't even known existed, began flooding his brain, leaving no room for any original thoughts. He watched as Hoseok and Jimin faded into the distance, leaving only him and the gravestones to keep him company. Taehyung felt his mass depleting as each miserable second became lost in space.

Taehyung was no longer on the ground of the dark, old graveyard, but in a hospital bed, the lights above him almost blinding. Taehyung was never Taehyung and he realized that the moment the doctors began rushing into his room, shouting words that seemed incoherent to him at the time. Taehyung was Yoongi. And Yoongi was Taehyung.