19

19 - Hands

"Yoongi-hyung..." Yoongi slowed down, letting the younger catch up to him. "We need to talk." Yoongi shook his head. "I don't want to talk." "At least listen to what I have to say-" Yoongi stopped walking.
"Tae, I-I can't. There's just so much shit going on right now and I don't think I can handle anything that your going to tell me."

"It's Jungkook's birthday," Taehyung told without consent. Yoongi sighed, turning to look at Taehyung "What were you planning?" Taehyung cast his eyes down, nervous to answer. "I wanted to find Jimin." Yoongi walked away, shaking his head. Taehyung sighed, turning back around to walk to his class. He pulled out his phone, texting the number he had made a habit of.

Taehyung: Happy birthday Kookie. I love you and I'm not afraid to say it anymore.

Delivered. 2:09 PM 9/1/15

Taehyung: It's been really hard without you.
Yoongi left us. I think he hates me,
now. I'm sorry for everything, I love
you Kookie. Happy birthday.

Delivered. 4:21 PM 9/1/16

Taehyung: Jimin is gone. I guess he thought
that what happened was his fault. No one knows where he went, but it'll be fine.
I hope you're doing well in heaven.
I love you and Happy birthday.

Delivered. 1:15 AM 9/1/17

Taehyung: Hey Kookie, happy birthday. I
talked to Yoongi today. I wanted to
go find Jimin, but I don't think
Yoongi wants to. I'm sorry for
messing everything up. I still
love you.

Read. 2:30 PM 9/1/18

Jungkookie <3: Park Jimin?

--

Taehyung jumped into the seat across from Jeonghan at the lunch table. "He answered." Taehyung slammed his hands onto the table; Jeonghan furrowed his eyebrows, looking over to Seungcheol for answers. The latter only shrugged. "Tae, who are you talking about?" His brother questioned.

"Jungkook!" Jeonghan's eyes widened. "Let me see." He held his hand out and Taehyung placed his phone on it. Jeonghan unlocked it, checking the messages... and sure enough, he replied. Jeonghan sighed. "Well we know it's not Jungkook, but it seems like this person might know something about Jimin." "Talk to them." Seungcheol chimed in; Taehyung nodded, taking his phone back.

"Hey Yoongi. How are you feeling?" Yoongi shrugged as Seokjin sat beside him with his lunch. "I was just reminded of something I had spent four years trying to forget." "Oh..." Seokjin carefully grabbed onto Yoongi's hands, softly grazing his knuckles with his thumb. "...Do you mind telling me what it was?" Yoongi stared down at their hands, intertwining their fingers and squeezing them together. "I-I can't. Not here."  Seokjin nodded, slightly smiling at the younger.  "It's okay."

Seokjin began eating his food with one hand, keeping his other intertwined with Yoongi's. "Can I come to your house later,"   Yoongi asked shyly. Seokjin turned his head towards Yoongi. "Of course! You can come whenever you want to." He smiled, as did Yoongi. A comforting silence passed over the two boys as they listened to the chatter around them and for the first time, Yoongi felt safe in someone else's presence.

Throughout the period, Yoongi would steal a few strawberries from Seokjin's tray when he wasn't looking, thinking he was being slick; Seokjin noticed his lack of fruit and ended up calling him out on it. "You know, if you wanted some strawberries, you could've just asked." Yoongi's eyes widened and his grip on Seokjin's hand tightened. "Y-you noticed?" Seokjin laughed. "Of course I did!"

--

"Here Tae, just give me your phone." Tae handed his phone to Jeonghan who pressed the call button on Jungkook's number.

"Hello?" Someone's voice rang loudly through the phone, startling Jeonghan. He pressed the speaker button and set the phone down on their kitchen table. "Hi, my name is Kim Jeonghan. I was wondering if you knew anything about the previously mentioned boy, Park Jimin."

"Oh! Of course! I'm Lee Minhyuk. Park Jimin was my best friend." Jeonghan glanced over to Taehyung before speaking again. "Was?" Minhyuk hummed. "He committed suicide about a year ago." Taehyung gasped, snatching the phone from the table. "A-are you sure it's the same Park Jimin?" The boy on the other end on the phone sighed. "I don't know. He was small, dyed his hair often, made stupid jokes. Judging from your previous messages, the timelines match up." Taehyung was at a loss for words. "I-I'm sorry. This just- This is just unexpected-" Do you know where he was buried?" Jeonghan chimed in, watching as Taehyung began to tear up. "Yes, he's here in Busan. I'll send you the address." "Thank you."

Jeonghan ended the call, directing his gaze back to his brother. "Tae..." "W-why does everyone h-have to die so early? T-they d-don't deserve this. I-I s-should b-be the-e one d-dea-ad." Taehyung broke down, crying on the floor. Jeonghan kneeled in front of him, hugging the crying boy. "Everything will be okay. It will be okay..." Jeonghan repeated the same four words until Taehyung calmed down. "W-we have to go to h-him."