After Hours *Getting Along*

Baldi sat at his desk at 4pm, grading the kids' papers like he always did. He groaned as he saw the Bully's paper as it said 69 as all of the answers for each problem. He slowly slid his hand straight down his whole face in stress as he angrily drew a big X that covered the Bully's whole paper. Then, he moved onto another paper which was Playtime's worksheet. He was able to slightly put on a smile as he saw all of the correct answers that the only female student had so far. But then the last problem was wrong, and his features darkened once again as he drew a small x on it.

The process continued for Baldi, pride then disappointment, pride then disappointment, pride then... 

"Eeek!" He dropped his correcting pen as he hesitantly raised up his head to look straight at the one who opened the door so suddenly.

"Aww, Baldi, did I scare you?" Principal teased.

"Y-Yeah Princi, just a little." Baldi stammered as the Principal inched closer towards the front of Baldi's desk.

"Are you done correcting the kids' papers yet?" Principal asked.

"Yep." Baldi said as he stretched his arms back above his head.

"Well, then I'll be the only one here until 6pm." The Principal made a sad face.

"Heh, well it is your fault for being the Principal." Baldi smirked. The math teacher got up from his chair and began to pack up his ruler and math books in his backpack to leave the school for the night. As he was about to leave through the classroom door, the Principal placed a palm on Baldi's chest, preventing him from leaving the area.

"Well, since I am the Principal, I order you to stay here until I have to leave." Now it was his time to smirk.

Baldi gulped nervously as he stared into his boss' piercing eyes.

"U-Um, Princi, why? I have to feed my cats and-"

"Like I said, Baldi, I will be alone for the rest of my time here if you leave. It is kind of unsettling being the only one left in your school, especially after hours. You know?" The Principal explained.

"Yeah, I guess. But... why me?" Baldi wondered.

"Well, besides the janitor, we are the only adults here at this school. Also, I would like to get to know you better, since you are kind of new here and all. You've only been here for what, a couple of weeks?"

"Yeah, a couple of weeks." Baldi confirmed.

"Perfect, then we should hang out for this one night. An adult's night, right?" Principal said.

"Yeah, except for the janitor." Baldi said with amusement dripping through his voice.

"Poor janitor." Principal muttered, and he and Baldi had a share of a giggle, then the Principal drug a chair towards the front of Baldi's desk while Baldi sat back in his desk chair.

"So, you love math, don't you?" Princi asked.

"Yes, just a little bit." Baldi giggled.

"You only have cats as company at home?"

"Yeah, now I do, but I used to have a girlfriend with me, but ever since I started this job, she left me." Baldi's eyes immediately turned dim.

"Why?" Principal sounded baffled.

"Because she didn't want me to be a teacher. She said that I am too strict with children." He paused, then continued, "And sure, maybe I am but these kids nowadays are beyond most adults' control. So I have to set things straight without hesitation."

"How do you mean? Explain. How bad could it be?" Principal wondered.

"Well, I spank them with my ruler." Baldi simply said.

Principal began rubbing his chin thoughtfully, then asked, "When do you suppose it is appropriate to spank them?"

"... Wait, you're not against it?"

"Well, we are in one of the 19 states that still allows the teachers and Principals to spank their students, so yeah, it seems like a reasonable punishment to me." Principal admitted. "So, coming back to my question, when do you suppose it is appropriate to spank them?"

"W-well, when they get a problem wrong, they will get a few swats on the bottom. Does that seem fair?" Baldi hesitantly asked.

Principal just stared into the teacher's eyes in shock.

"Um, d-does that seem a bit unfair to you? I will not do it if you-"

"Please don't resort to that, Baldimore." Baldi winced at the Principal saying his full name. "Only do so if they are purposefully failing your class or if they are trying to skip it too many times. Only spank them if they do what they aren't supposed to do on purpose, okay?"

That did make sense to Baldi, so he agreed with his boss.

Then just like that, they talked on and on as if they were good old friends. They ended up talking so much that they ended up having to leave at 7pm!

They said their goodbyes to each other, and separated their ways to their homes.

'Wow, he is very fair and thoughtful about everything. Thank the heavens, I thought he would've fired me, but he didn't.

... I already like him.' Baldi smiled as he got ready for bed.