Ch.8 Connor

The next day was a weekend and I spent most of it with Evan. Our peaceful hang out was interrupted by my parents spam calling me to be home.

And, as much as I didn't want to, I had to go home. I said bye to Evan and left him at his house. His mom had come home late and saw us asleep on the couch watching The Lorax.

The next morning she said she put a blanket on us and left for bed. But I didn't wake up with any blanket sooooo... Evan must've stolen it all. Not that I blame him though, it was a really fuzzy blanket.

Everything seemed to be looking up, I had a good friendship with Evan and my parents were actually being less annoying compared to how they usually are. With all thepositivity my brain reached the conclusion that I shouldn't have to worry as much.

So I didn't I went through a whole week of school feeling great and refreshed. I only went to the rooftop to make sure no one was up there. Thankfully, no one was.

But, I should've known that it wouldn't last. And one day, a thursday when it was raining on and off throughout it, someone changed my entire mindset. Jared fucking Klienman. Jared didn't seem too happy about me hanging out with Evan. 

Jared called me a druggie, a school shooter, a nothing. Now, this would all be fine if Evan wasn't there to watch it happen. Evan didn't necessarily take sides with Jared but he certainly didn't try to stop him from saying it. I got mad.

How dare Evan not even try to help me? I mean, I get it Jared was mad and Evan was probably anxious but what? I've seen Evan at his worst and I helped him out of it. Evan watched me get beat on by Jared and he didn't even speak up a little?

Thoughts were clouding my mind as I walked up to the roof. I wanted to leave, it was obvious Evan wouldn't care, Jared would be glad to have me gone and, honestly, I'd be doing a lot more good in the world.

I got to the top of the stairs and walked over to the ledge. It seemed to be a miracle at this point that no one was up here when I wanted to kill myself. It was more of a miracle when no one came up there to stop me.

I got to the other side of the railing when I heard the door to the roof open. I was too caught up in falling off to pay any attention to it though. I felt my body move forward and I drew my arms out as if I was doing something as innocent as free falling.

I heard someone call my name but the wind that was rushing past me was too loud, I couldn't pinpoint who it was. I felt free, I felt like this was the right thing to do.

The feeling only lasted a second though as something, no, someone grabbed my arm. They yanked me back to the ledge and managed to pull my body over the railing and back onto the roof. 

I looked up to see who it was but my vision was blurry. I had been crying and truth be told, I still was crying. Before my eyes had time to focus I was pulled into an embrace. The feeling was strange but welcoming. The person smelled of dirt and wet leaves, it was comforting. 

Soon enough, the exhaustion of today got to me. The smell of whoever holing me pulled me into a needed sleep. I would find out who saved me tomorrow.