Ch.13 Heidi

I walked into my house, unlocking the door was a considerable feat when you had your hands full of groceries.

I always bought groceries after work every 4 days. It was not only convenient for me but it also worked for Evan because he often didn't order food with the money I felt so it was good to leave food for him to cook dinner with.

When I got inside I looked at the time. Almost two am. Evan should be asleep by now.

I noticed the 20 dollars on the counter, the money I had left Evan so he could order food.

With a disappointed sigh, I took the money off the counter and pocketed it. I would have to talk to Evan in the morning about this.

I started to walk out of the kitchen when I noticed some dark brown hair sticking out from the couch. 

I got ready to yell at whoever was in my house without my knowledge but when I went around the couch to see the person fully I saw Evan sleeping on the strangers lap.

My heart fluttered as I felt an immense happiness flow through me. Evan found a friend.

I smiled to myself at the sight and whipped my phone out to take a picture. This is something to be remembered.

I didn't even care that I didn't know the boy, my little baby was sleeping peacefully on his lap. 

I saved the photo my collection 'memories' and walked away from the sight. 

I walked into the kitchen, starting to put the groceries away. I kept tossing glances in the boys direction, every time I looked I felt another wave of happiness.

Evan went so long without another friend and it's been a while since he's hung out with Jared so I assumed the two had stopped being friends.

But my baby boy had just found new friends.

After I put the groceries away I walked to my room. I closed the door behind me and leaned back on it, thinking of how far I had gotten without Evan's idiot father.

I didn't need him, look at how good I was doing. All he did was yell at us, until he moved and left. It was too silent the first few days but eventually everything evened out. 

I smiled to myself as I thought of how Evan turned out. He was such a happy child and I just wanted to see that happiness again.

Now that I had saw him with a friend, sleeping peacefully in his lap. 

That's when the thought hit me. They're probably more than friends. I smirked, thinking of all the ways I could embarrass Evan without Evan knowing.

Needless to say, I went to sleep thinking of all the different possibilities this has opened up for me.