Ch.16 Heidi

I sat in silence, chomping on a pancake, after Connor felt. I didn't know what to do so I just sat there and checked my phone every few minutes.

Eventually, I'd have to go to work and I want to say goodbye to Evan before I do. I stood up slowly.

It had been a few minutes since Connor left to check on Evan. I hope nothing bad happened.

I make my way towards the bathroom that Evan had run off to. As I make my way there I stop to look at photos and take a walk through memory lane.

I was taking my sweet time getting there. I trusted Connor and I also trusted Evan. They wouldn't do anything bad.

As I grow closer to the bathroom I hear small sniffles. I panic a little and jog to the room.

There, on the floor, was Connor and Evan. They were hugging each other and it was so heartwarming.

I whipped out my phone and snapped a picture of it.

"This is going into my memories folder," I sang out to Evan and Connor. I saw Evan's face flush, I smirked at him.

Connor nervously smiled, "okay, Mrs. Hansen."

I laughed, "just call me Heidi. Mrs. Hansen sounds too formal."

"Got it."

Evan shifts nervously, playing with the helm of his shirt while chuckling nervously. He says, "well, I'm hungry. We should finish breakfast."

I nod in agreement even though I wasn't hungry, "we should get right on that. We still have a few pancakes left."

Connor smiled, "Yeah, we ate like five of them already."

That was an exaggeration but I didn't comment. Evan laughed and I smiled. This morning has been great so far.

I walk faster than Evan and Connor do and make it to the kitchen faster. I hear the boys talking about things, I can't really tell what though.

I put two pancakes on Evan's plate and lay it on the table, syrup next to it. When Evan sees the plate he thanks me and starts stuffing his face.

Connor picks up the syrup and Evan quickly notices. Evan quickly swallows his food, almost choking, which caused a laugh from Connor.

"Did you know that trees take 40 years to be able to make syrup," Evan asks Connor.

Connor makes a confused face before saying, "really?"

"Yeah! The tree has to grow 40 years before it's able to make syrup. There's also three trees that are usually used for syrup!"

"What trees," Connor asks in response. He looks genuinely interested and I lean back, watching it all happen, silently recording.

"The Sugar Maple, the Black Maple, and the Red Maple! It's cool though because the Black Maple isn't really black."

"That's pretty cool!"

"I know right?! And...," Evan keeps rambling about trees and plants. I end the video and watch as Connor smiles fondly at Evan.

I almost laugh when Evan mentions working at the park and, not to brag, knowing a thing or two about trees.

Evan knew a lot more than just a thing or two. Connor noticed it too, he started gaping at Evan, talking about how much Evan knew and how cool it was.

I walked out of the room, leaving the boys to themselves.

I want to start a updating schedule for this book. What day do you guys want me to update?