Ch.15 Connor

I was in the kitchen with Heidi after Evan ran off. Heidi got a plate out of one of the cabinets and helped herself to a pancake.

I followed her actions and so we sat there, eating pancakes in total silence. I wanted to bet out of the room.

"I should probably check on Evan, ha ha," I nervously say to Heidi, quickly putting my plate in the sink.

Heidi simply nodded at me and I flashed her a smile. She let me walk away and as I was walking I felt a bit more panic erupt in me.

Now that I thought about it, it had been a while since Evan came out. It'd been a good 6 minutes and unless Evan's taking a dump it shouldn't have taken this long.

I was closer and closer to where Evan had walked off to when I hear some small almost ding like sounds come from the door next to me.

It almost sounded like... pills? Pills falling on the ground. Sure, Evan had said something about pills but if pills are falling on the ground that can't be good.

I swiftly walk to the door and knock, "Evan? Evan, are you okay in there?"

I heard deep yet short breaths come from inside. Until it went silent, minus a few deep breaths from here and there.

"Hey, Evan? I'm coming in," I told the boy before walking in.

Pills were scattered on the ground and Evan was curled up on the floor, almost as if he was trying to be one with the pill.

I crouch down next to him.

"Evan-oh my god, Evan are you okay?"

Evan didn't show any signs of hearing me or noticing me but when I put my hand on his shoulder he quickly moved away.

I turned my hand over, offering it. Evan didn't do anything for a few minutes besides lay here and cry.

But, eventually, he gently put his hand in mine. I quickly yanked him in for a hug.

"Oh, Evan," I smiled into the boy's shoulder. "What's wrong?"

Evan didn't respond for a second before quickly saying, "my mom hinted to knowing that we're dating. Wait, are we dating?

"Oh god, I'm making wild assumptions now. I shouldn't have done that, Connor, I'm so sorry."

I pulled Evan closer to me and softly said, "Evan, I'd feel honored to date you. I just hope you like me too."

"Like you? Connor, you're amazing. A lot more than I'll ever be," Evan said to me. I shook my head and Evan got the point.

He'd never be anything less than me. I'd never think of him like that. I felt Evan smile and I smiled back.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes. We both didn't want to leave each other's grip. We had lived two completely different worlds and here we are, together at last.

Then a camera shutter sounded.