Ch.24 Evan

I rushed into the hospital, almost begging Mrs. Murphy to tell me what room Connor was in.

I had become way to worried while waiting to get to the hospital. Room 312, that was the room Connor was in.

"Oh, my god, Connor are you okay," I asked him. He looked at me with confusion and happiness.

"Are you Evan," he asked me. I nodded feverishly.

"I was told that you were my boyfriend, but... I don't remember anything," he said.

I looked down. He doesn't remember the kiss. I could easily not tell him and he would have any idea that it happened.

"Something happened and you got mad at me," I sad quietly. Connor nodded.

"Zoe told me. She says it was her fault and that you in no way kissed her back or liked it," Connor told me.

I looked up hesitantly, still avoiding eye contact, "you- you're not mad?"

Connor shook his head, "that wasn't your fault, it was hers. But-."

I felt fear sear through his body. Oh, god, I thought, he knows. I shook my head, no, he couldn't know. He doesn't remember anything.

"There's something else that happened, wasn't there," Connor questioned.

I looked down again, "yeah, there is. I... I might've cut you off when you were mad by kissing you."

"Well, that's not terrible. I thought it was something worse because all I can remember is being really mad."

"Are you still mad?"

Connor laughed and responded, "they've got me on too many drugs for me to feel much of anything."

"I... I don't know if that's good or bad."

Connor laughed again and I felt a wave of happiness and calm flow through me. I smile at him, finally making eye contact.

We stared at each other for a while before Connor spoke, "has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are."

I looked closely at Connor's eyes for a second and responded, "I should be saying that to you."

The speck of blue that clashed with the brown was simply adorable. The way his eyes seemed to sparkle when he was happy was so cute.

The way-.

"Blue looks good on you, matches your eyes," Connor spoke.

"And black matches you. Considering it's the only thing I've seen you wear," I responded jokingly.

Connor laughed out and then winced in pain, "you're putting me through pain, tree boy."

I smiled at him and went to sit next to him. I held his hand and rested my head on the side of his bed.

Connor pulled me closer and we ended up snuggling on the hospital bed.

Maybe... maybe I'll just relish in the calm for a little while. I'll let myself be happy.

And as I fell into a deep sleep I heard Connor whisper, "I love you, Evan."