Ch.26 Cynthia

Life works in mysterious ways. Sometimes the one you love is someone who doesn't seem like a good match for you. That person could turn out to be perfect for you.

I smiled as I watched the video again. A baby boy, only about a year old, taking his first steps.

With light brown hair with a few streaks of dark blonde and auburn eyes, the baby stood on two legs and walked towards his dad.

Evan and Connor had the most adorable child.

The story behind the child was a teenage pregnancy and her not wanting to get an abortion. So, she gave the child away.

And Evan and Connor got their child. I, of course, helped them take care of the infant, alongside Heidi.

But now, watching the child grow is enough happiness for me.

Connor and Evan talked things out and, from what Heidi told me, Evan and Jared worked things out too.

So, Connor and Evan were a happy couple with a gorgeous son and Evan and Jared were friends again.

Alana and Zoe broke up a short while after the kids, Alana couldn't handle the thought of Zoe kissing, and kind of cheating, on her. But they remained friends.

Jared broke up with Ronnie and got back with Alana. And, as it turned out, now Jared and Alana are married.

They don't have kids but... you never know what can happen in the future.

Zoe started dating Ronnie, which made how everything turned out into some strange thing. They were just dating the ring people, that was it.

Everyone remained friends. And now everyone is sitting in my living room watching Evan and Connor's baby boy's videos.

I heard a coo and saw Zoe walk into the room after going to the restroom, "look at his wittle fweet. So cute!"

I laughed with the rest of the group.

Connor spoke up, bouncing the baby boy, "did you hear that? You have cute feet."

Everyone cooed at them as Connor hugged the baby and Evan hugged both of them. Evan stood after a few seconds.

"Well, we have to go now. I have work and a certain little boy has to go to the doctor tomorrow," he announced.

"Awww, boo," yelled Alana, jokingly.

Jared sat next to her and laughed, "yeah, boo. Stay longer."

Connor shook his head, standing with Evan, "no, we really should get going."

"Bye," muttered a few people. I walked them out with Heidi and when we got to the door me and Heidi shared a look.

We both turned to the boys and asked, with our motherly instincts on point, "what's the baby's name?"

Evan looked over at Connor and Connor smiled at Evan.

"Jeremy. Last name Heere, because we couldn't bare talk him away from his true last name."

"So, Jeremy Heere."