Chapter 6: Suspicions

It had been a couple of weeks since the incident with Lisa.  The family was now back at the house.  Lisa was supposed to be taking things easy still, so most the time she was lounging around, watching tv curled up on the couch, or playing with her favorite doll.  Even though Lisa was going to be better and recover, Mick had decided to stay in town for awhile.  He let the team know what was going on, and let them know that when he was ready to, he would try to signal them to come back to get him.  After what Lisa had told him in the hospital, of seeing her dad picking up his old habits in stealing again.  Mick had become quite concerned for his old partner, and also worried for the family.  If Leonard was going back to his old habits, becoming the cold hearted person that he used to be, Sara and the kids would be in trouble.  Mick needed to be there to protect them if that happened. 

Mick didn't think that Leonard would risk losing his family.  So he decided to stay for a few weeks or so to check up on his old partner.  He didn't want the suspicions to be right from Lisa.  But unfortunately, as time went on, Mick was able to see why Lisa would think such a thing.  Mick needed to speak to his partner, to talk to him and find out what really was going on.  He was hoping that Lisa's guess wasn't true.  Perhaps it was all just a misunderstanding.  The only problem is, that he didn't know how to approach Leo.  He didn't want to end up pissing him off.  Mick also needed to approach him without giving Lisa away.  If Lisa was right,  he didn't want her to get into any danger or trouble.  He also was aware that there didn't seem a whole lot of time to sit down with his partner and have a long visit, as they all seemed to be fairly busy.  Leo also seemed to be gone often, either work during the week day, or off to wherever on the weekends.

The one evening after dinner, Mick was sitting on the couch in the living room with Lisa as she was resting, watching some tv.  When Leonard had finally made his way back into the house.  He had been gone for a good couple of hours.  'Hey, where's Sara?"  Snart asked, as he made his way into the living room to see Mick and Lisa sitting on the couch.  They were watching one of Lisa's favorite Disney movies.  For some reason, Leonard grew suddenly jealous.  Mick had been here for a couple of weeks now, and he seemed to be getting rather close to his family.  But he wasn't about to point that out.  Plus, he knew Mick wouldn't do such a thing, so he shouldn't really have to worry.  Besides, Mick was only staying because he had been worried about Lisa.  As they had been fairly close since Lisa had been born.  At least that was what Leonard thought.  He was unaware of his daughter's suspicions and that Mick was here to check out on things.

"She's in the room cleaning some things."  Leonard narrowed his eyes.  He knew Sara well enough, that when she started cleaning things, something was on her mind, and she used cleaning as an escape.  He was aware that she was still trying to fight off a hint of the bloodlust that tried to pull through now and then.  And it seemed like most the time he was able to help with that, calm her down.  But since he hadn't been here, it was starting to show through again, and she was trying to keep that hidden.  He was sure that it was due to the fact that Sara was worried, with him being gone all the time.  He didn't mean to, and he was hoping that things would slow down so they could be together again like they used to.  Especially for the sake of the girls.  "I'll go speak with her."

Mick glanced over at his old partner.  "When you're done with speaking with Sara, I was hoping that we could talk."  Mick noticed the look that Leonard gave him.  The two of them had never really talked.  When they were partners, they usually kept things inside and well hidden, until an argument came, and then things would blow up in each other's faces in a heated discussion.  Mick rarely talked.  When he disagreed with things, it was usually know and brought out in a fight to blow off some steam.  So this made Leonard suddenly leery that he actually wanted to talk.

Mick watched his partner closely for any giveaways.  He could see that there was a hint of nervousness in his partners face.  "Alright.."  Leonard said before escaping to find Sara.  Lisa had been watching the two of them as well.  WIthout either of them noticing, and she had been able to see the look in her dad's eyes as well.  She suddenly was worried, and a bit afraid.  She wasn't sure what to think.  All she knew was that she didn't want her intuition to be true.

Mick glanced over at Lisa as he felt a tug on his arm.  "He is already suspecting us."  She said quietly in case her dad was nearby.  Mick took a deep breath.  "Don't worry, it will be fine.  He isn't leery of you.  He doesn't even suspect that you know.  I am sure that he is just curious to the fact that I want to talk to him.  It is just weird for him to find it that I would want to talk about something important.  Which he is able to sense that it is.  But, I am hoping that whatever I want to discuss, that he thinks that it has something to do with the legends team."  Lisa looked a bit unsure but nodded her head.

Not long after, Leonard made his way back out, approaching the two again.  He was still glancing at his old partner curiously.  Mick never really liked to talk about much.  Which made Leonard suddenly worried.  If Mick was here to stay and talk, then that meant something was wrong.  But then, usually he assumed it would've been one of the other team members who would've stayed to discuss whatever the situation was, with him.  "Alright Mick, what was it that you wanted to talk about?  What's going on?  Is everything alright with the team?"  Lisa slowly hopped off the couch as her dad was asking all the questions.  "I'm going to go to my room for a bit."  Leonard watched his daughter as she walked off to head back to her room.

Mick turned so he was facing his partner once Lisa was gone.  He still wasn't quite sure how he was going to start this off.  Mick let his arms cross across his chest before responding.  Giving a small grin to Leo.  "Can't a guy just want to chat and play catch up with his old partner?"  Mick asked, glancing at Snart to wait for his reaction.