Chapter 27: A Favor

Five months have passed since Snart had chosen to leave Sara.  And there'd been times he regretted his decision.  Now that he was away from her.  There were times he'd sneak near the house to check on them.  Make sure they were safe and his daughters were doing okay.  But after the first month had passed, and Leo came by the one day, they were no longer there.  Which had Leo curious.  And assumed perhaps Sara brought them onto the time ship.  Leo wasn't sure he liked them being there.  He didn't want the girls to get mixed up in all the mess on the missions.  Abby was only fifteen.  And Lisa only five.  He didn't want either of them involved, and gaining enemies like he and Sara had.  Plus it was dangerous for Sara to be on the ship in her state.  There had been plenty of times Leo remembered the ship being attacked.  Even with them being careful and cloaking the ship's site.  But he supposed with him being gone.  Around the team was where Sara felt safest.  Instead of being alone and vulnerable at the house with the girls.

Leo knew though if he went to speak with Sara about it, he wouldn't have a say.  She was stubborn and would do things whether he agreed that she did them or not.  Not to mention, since they were apart for the moment, Sara he already knew, would fire that back at him.  That he no longer had a say in the matter since he left.  One thing that did make him feel better, the team members were at least with Sara and would protect her if anything did come about.  Especially Mick.  He wouldn't let anything happen to them.  Leo was tempted to find the ship and go back to Sara and the girls.  He did miss them after all.  But it had taken Ray awhile to find the ship the first time he and Kendra were lost.  So it wasn't going to be easy finding the ship if they were out on a mission.  Leo would have to wait until he could somehow figure out they were back in his time and back in Central City.

For now, Leo found a hotel to stay at.  As he assumed Sara was staying at the house with the girls.  But since they were no longer there.  Leo started packing up his bags so he could sneak into the house.  He didn't know how long Sara would be on the ship.  If she was there just until she had the baby.  Or if she was going to stay there for some protection for her and their daughters.  Leo wasn't too fond of staying at the hotel much longer.  So since the house was free for now, he decided to pack and make his way over.  Then try to be gone by the time Sara returned with the girls.

As Leo was grabbing his suitcase, he heard a knock at the door.  Narrowing his eyes, Leo was tempted to grab the cold gun.  But in case it was housekeeping or one of the other hotel workers, he couldn't.  He'd for sure get kicked out if he revealed that.  Leo wasn't expecting any company, so his guard was up, assuming perhaps an enemy found him, learning of his split with Sara.

Leo walked over to the door and peeked through the hole.  Sighing a bit with relief seeing Mick.  But then it also made him worry about other things.  Mick hadn't paid him a visit since he left Sara.  Leo assumed Mick was angry with him for leaving.  So that was why he hadn't come to visit.  Had something happened with Sara?  With Lisa or Abby?  Leo thought.

"Mick..  What are you doing here?"  Leo asked once the door was opened.  Mick wasted no time coming in the room.  Leo closed the door then turned so he was facing his old partner.  "I came to check on you.  And to give you one of these."  Leo could see something flash in Mick's eyes.  He watched Mick closely becoming a bit guarded as Mick stepped closer.  Leo glared, his body flinched as Mick's hand reached up to give him a swat in the back of the head.  "Ouch!  Hey!  What was that for!?"

Mick gave Leo a glare.  "For being a stupid dumb ass."  He hissed.  Leo sighed at Mick's words.  "Look..  Mick.  Before you rant off.  You should hear my side of the story at least don't you think?"  Leo questioned.  "Sara filled me in on the details really good.  And I get where you're coming from old partner.  I do.  And It does suck.  The circumstances are crappy.  But Sara didn't know about the multiple earths. There was no way she could've had a heads up this was a doppleganger.  He played the part well.."