Mr. Howell

I'm excited to be trying something new than just normal life AU things with Dan. I've wanted to try another time period for a while now and I've gathered inspiration from mooster100025's What I'd Do For You.

 I've wanted to try another time period for a while now and I've gathered inspiration from mooster100025's What I'd Do For You

This is what you're wearing

Don't go in the comments saying I'd never wear that, but if u were in the 30s you would. Don't worry my peeps who don't like dresses, I have pants and stuff too, but u have to work with me here.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"We can't help you ma'am, I'm sorry."

My stomach dropped and my face went pale. I gripped onto a side table and let tears roll down my face. Of course they didn't care. What is one life compared to the majority of the world?

"Thank you officer," I murmured and the two policeman left my house. The mud on their boots was left behind on the carpet alongside the blood stains. I guess there's no point now.

I dropped to my knees in the pool of blood gathering in my lounge. I screamed and pulled helplessly at my husband's shirt. There were 6 bullet holes in him, he was gone.

Someone murdered him.

Neighbors overheard and had to drag me away.

"Someone killed him! Someone killed him!" I screamed and one of the fellow female neighbors held my shoulders, calming me.

No.

It was the 1930's. I'm a young, newly widowed woman living on the outskirts of London. It hasn't really sunken in that I was a widow now.

This year, London had been going through a poor slump and there was no way I'd be able to get money to survive out here without my husband.

I'd be homeless by the end of the week.

I tell myself there's hope. You'll get a job. You'll be just fine. You are strong. But yet I still feel so weak.