Things Change

Hello.

Happy Canadian thanksgiving for my Canadian peeps!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I put a gentle hand on my head, brushing my fingers back to comb through the front part of my hair. I stepped into the dining room, my feet heavy, and Macie spotted me handing me a cup of tea.

"Good morning," I glanced up from the china in my hands at Dan who was seated in his usual table. I nodded at him and sat, placing the teacup down on the table.

"Howell?" He looked up from his paper, his eyebrows dipping for a moment at the use of his last name. "We can just let last night pass, right?" I asked. His eyes flitted to the table for a moment.

"Yes, I think that is best," he said, turning back to his paper. I bit my lip and stared at the still liquid in my cup.

"I'd also like to apologize for my behavior and let you know I'm more professional than that. I realize I haven't exactly put that forward," I admitted.

"No need to apologize, I need a touch of unprofessional once in a while." I nodded. "And miss (l/n), Elizabeth means nothing, considering you were so jealous." I watched the corners of his mouth curl upwards hinting that he was teasing me.

"Buzz off," I scoffed and he just continued his smirk, flipping the page. I sipped the last of my tea and stood up. "I wasn't even that jealous."

"Of course you weren't." I made a frustrated noise and left, though I felt relieved he wasn't actually mad at me. He wasn't taking it seriously. I peeked my head back in the room.

"Dan?" He glanced up again, an amused look on his face. "Are we working today?"

"No."

"So you can come out today?"

"Are you asking me on a date?" He teased.

"Definitely not, I need something to do," I said.

"Oh?"

"Not you, stop," I said, crossing my arms.

"Okay, we can go out," he agreed and I smiled.

"Thank you."

Later that day, I knocked on Dan's office door to ask if he was free now. I'm sure I was annoying him with my relentless asking, and I could most definitely go by myself, but he had agreed and I always liked going out with a buddy. PJ and Sophie were busy, and I had no idea where Phil and Chris were. I popped my head in and he glanced up from his papers.

"Are you read--" I paused, seeing that he had changed clothes from earlier, and he was wearing the hat I had gotten him.

You can chose which one you like, I like all of them!!

"You're wearing my hat," I said.

"This is yours? I would've asked before if I knew," he joked and I smiled slightly.