Fire

Hi.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I spent a lot of time on the balcony lately, it was beginning to be my peaceful spot where I could rest. All had been quiet between the rivaling sides, much too quiet. All I knew was our side was planning an invasion, to keep her from coming here ever again.

But we had no reason to invade.

If we hurt her, we'll be in the news.

If we don't hurt her, she won't stay away.

There was no way we could hurt her business, make her nothing.

There was nothing we could do.

I glanced down, the streets foggy. But there. There I spotted a man, near and clear, entering our building. I quickly ran inside, my heels clicking loudly against our floors. He looked much too suspicious.

"Howell!" I called and he looked out from his office, weary eyes. It had been a month and we had barely talked, except of strategy, and I had refused to let him make contact with my skin. It was much too harrowing for me. "Someone is coming."

He stared at me and I squirmed under the eye contact, my face warm. Things had been way too awkward lately, and I still despised him for what he did.

He seemed to understand what I meant and I stepped aside as he exited his office and hurried down the stairs. I could see a gun in his waistband as he came down to greet the man so stupid enough to come here all alone.

Whoever was downstairs must've let him up, the sound of the elevate whirring in the pent house. I stood by nervously, Dan's hand resisting the urge to put a hand out in front of me. The door opened and a tall man, dressed in all black, walked in. He held nothings in his hands, not even a brief case or piece of paper.

"Hello Mr. Howell and and Ms. (l/n), on behalf of Andrea, I would like to offer an armistice. She finds no reason to work against you all."

This was clearly a trick.

"(Y/n), can you get tea?" Howell asked. I nodded, happy to get out of that room. I made tea and set it in front of them, listening intently. What they were discussing was unknown to me however.

I just felt a panic begin to arise in me and I locked myself up in my room. I didn't care what they were saying anymore. My breath was heavy and labored and I collapsed onto my bed, clutching my shirt and then the sheets.

I could hear shifting downstairs, and I squeezed my eyes shut. Go away. Please go away. After a long while there was a knock on my door. I opened it a crack, peering out at Howell.

"I'll be escorting him out now, you can calm down," he said. I nodded, but shut my door again. I felt myself begin to sweat profusely, my face warm. Why was it so hot.

I just laid in my bed, my body burning.

It was too hot.

Dan's POV

"Thank you, but please, tell Andrea that I shall contact her soon," I said, shaking hands with the man.

"Mr. Howell, it was a pleasure." He didn't seem to want to let go of my hand, keeping me in the garage. What was going on?

"It was." I pulled my hand away. He watched me intently for a moment before taking off to his car. I started towards the building when I began seeing tenants flee the doors, tenants from lower floors.

"Fire!" One of them screamed, clutching a baby to their chest. My eyes widened and I bolted from the garage to take a look at our floor. A crowd had gathered, and I watched, the top of our building engulfed with flames. I heard the useless siren of the fire truck. Like they could do anything. Phil and Chris began to arrive, panicked and questioning what was going on.

(Y/n).

"(Y/n) is up there." I said. Phil's eyes widened. I felt my stomach drop and I looked up at the building once more. I gripped my hands into fists, bolting into the garage and then up the stairs. Phil and Chris began to shout and run after me, telling me to stay. I ran as fast as I could, my legs burning and my lungs filled with smoke already.

I held a hand in front of my face, blocking the bright light and the heat from burning my face. Flames roared around me and wood from the walls came crashing down. Upstairs seemed relatively untouched so far.

"(Y/n)?!" I screamed, coughing. "(Y/n)?" I then spotted her, lying on the floor covered in burns and blood. There was an ashy gray piece of wood on her stomach, one that must've trapped here there. "NO!" I screamed, coughing furiously as I scooped her up in my arms. I held her unconscious body to my chest, running down, dodging licks from the flame. My clothes were soot by now and my lungs were black, but I didn't care, I just kept running.

She was barely breathing.

"Get a stretcher!" I screamed, laying her down once someone retrieved one. I clung onto Phil's shoulder to keep up right, coughing up ash stuck in my respiratory system. I watched them hurry her away, and I felt tears sting at my eyes.

I hadn't cried in such a long time.

I collapsed onto the floor, people watching in pity, Phil crouched beside me, holding my shoulders.

He did this.

And I let him.

~Calymari