Excitement

Heyo~

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

My hands grabbed feverishly at Dan's collar, the feeling of my shoulder blades digging into the wall making me shiver. His hands held intently at my hips, lips pressed warmly against mine. I felt my leg subconsciously slide to hook around his calf slightly, pulling him into my warmth.

I let out a breath, hearing footsteps outside Dan's office door. No one knew about us yet, besides Macie and Sophie, as we hadn't told anyone for almost a month now. Dan and I stayed frozen in each other's arms, trying to keep heavy breath quiet. A knock rung out and Phil's voice came through the wall.

"Dan I've got a few files to put away."

"Ah yes be there in a moment," he said. Dan hurriedly handed me a cold glass for my red and flustered cheeks, smoothing down his own hair as well as mine. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and I let out a soft 'oh' as he went to the door. "Oh, (y/n), I didn't know you were in here."

"Indeed I am, business things," I chuckled, fixing the collar of my dress.

One part of my mind made me think Dan wanted to keep this a secret for the excitement. A secret girlfriend to sneak around with. So what if the excitement went away? What would be left of us?

I excused myself from the office and headed to my room, yawning slightly. Despite all the excitement and sneaking around, Dan and I had yet to 'do the do'. Most of the time, especially not with young, successful bachelors like himself, couples hardly waited for marriage. It just wasn't really a custom in the cities anymore. I picked up my jacket, hanging it up and tidying up my room, the heat draining from my cheeks.

"Hey, we weren't done," I turned, Dan's arms snaking around my waist and capturing my lips before I could speak. One of his hands slid up my cradle my head, pulling me close into him.

"Oh my—"

Dan whipped around, Phil in the doorway. He must've come to ask me something and received a totally different answer. I glanced round Dan's shoulder, a sheepish look on my face.

"Surprise?"

"I'll just leave you two, uh, to it," he said, shutting the door.

"I didn't lock it."

"Clearly."

Dan sat down on my bed, letting out a sigh. I seated myself beside him, placing a hand on his back.

"Isn't it better now? We don't have to sneak around, and I know there's not a lot of excitement left then, but—"

"Do you really think I care about excitement?"

"Why else were we sneaking around?"

"Because. Every time I announce I have a girl it always turns South," he said.

"Well, you don't have me. We have each other. That's the difference isn't it?" I asked, placing a hand on his face and pulling it towards me for a chaste kiss.

"It is," he nodded, allowing for me to stand.

"So it is," I replied, holding out a hand for him to take. I led him downstairs, holding tightly between his fingers. Phil was sat back with a smug look on his face.

"I can't believe I finally caught you guys. I've been suspicious for a while," he said and Dan looked wearily into the floor, his hand loosely gripped around mine.

"We're cute, aren't we?" I asked and Phil chuckled.

"It's about time." Dan eased, and we sat down on the couch, all of us chatting, the only difference being our sweaty palms pressed together.

"Alright boys, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see Sophie," I said, pressing a light kiss to Dan's cheek and standing up. I grabbed another coat from the rack, placing it around my shoulders and heading into the elevator. I headed down to a car that was waiting for me, climbing in and giving the short directions to her place.

When I arrived the doorman let me in and up, and I knocked on their door. PJ answered, smiling to me.

"(Y/n), good to see you, Sophie's in the lounge," he said. "I'm heading out now! I'll be back."

"Alright," she called and I glanced into the lounge. She was laid back, still in pajamas, hand rubbing along her swelling stomach. It was small right now, but it would grow with time.

"Rough day?" I asked, helping myself to the kitchen to get her some fresh ice water. She let out a groan in response as I filled her cup, walking it over to her.

"Back is already aching, feels like I'm going to explode," she moaned, resting her head back. "The doc says the early months are some of the worst."

"Oh I'm sorry, can I do anything else for you?"

"Please just sit with me, I can barely stand this," she said and I obliged, letting her rest against me. She let out a sigh, shutting her eyes. She fell asleep on me almost immediately and I smiled to myself. So much for tea.

~Calymari