8

"I swear to God, if I hear you do any form of exercise, I'll have you benched for the whole damn season even though you just joined the lacrosse team!" Scott shouted as he looked at the computer instead on at Veronica. He continued typing the essay for English in his room.

Veronica rolled her eyes and kept doing pull-ups with one hand while she used her other hand to read the book for English, "What's wrong with exercise? Last time I checked, it's normal and healthy for people to do it." Veronica asked, letting out a deep exhale as she did her one hundredth pull up.

"Well, it's not normal to do one hundred pull-ups in the morning after just finishing a three-mile run and also 150 push-ups all in one morning."

"Please," Veronica said, looking up from her book and over at Scott, "It was six miles. Why else do you think I woke up at four o'clock in the morning?"

 Scott groaned, getting up from his chair as he snatched the book from Veronica's hand.

"What's wrong is doing all of that if literally over the top? Are you worried about something?" Scott asked concerned as he watched Veronica jump off the pull-up bar and start doing sit-ups on the bedroom floor.

"I'm not worried. Why would I be worried?" She replied calmly, still doing sit-ups.

"You're still thinking about how you killed that Berserker with your bare hands? I gotta say it was pretty impressive the way you kicked ass out there when no one else could." Scott explained to her, a concerned look on his face.

"It's not that," Veronica argued as she stopped doing sit up for a moment.

Scott groaned out, "Then what is it, Veronica?" He asked,  sounding a bit annoyed.

 Veronica ignored him and continued to do sit-ups. To stop her, Scott grabbed Veronica by arms and pulled her up, stopping her from doing any more, "Tell me now, what's wrong?" Scott asked in a stern voice, pulling Veronica by the hand and standing her up.

Veronica sighed as she slowly looked up at Scott, "That whole heist was clearly planned for a while and I don't think it was Kate's doing. What do you think they're going to do with one hundred and seventeen million dollars, huh? Donate it to charity? No, I don't think so." Veronica explained, "It's only been two months since the nogitsune business, is there already going to be a new threat in Beacon Hills?"

 Veronica went to walk away, but Scott grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back, "I already warned you, Veronica. So much happens in Beacon Hills and two months is literally going to be the longest breather you'll ever have before another threat comes," Scott informed her, "I hadn't even been a werewolf a whole year before you and the Alpha pack and I'd already had to fight two threats, Peter who happened to be a vengeful alpha and a crazy ass kanima who actually happened to be Lydia's ex-boyfriend."

 Veronica nodded her head in understanding, "Yeah, yeah, I get it." She replied before tugging her hand out of Scott's grip and walked to her room.

________

Veronica slid open the door to Derek's loft, showing that Derek was sitting on the couch, looking  directly into the lenses of sunglasses, "Everything okay?" Veronica asked curiously as she walked over to the elder werewolf.

 Derek quickly looked up and nodded his head, "Yeah, yeah," He quickly answered as he placed the sunglasses down on the table in front of him, "What are doing here? Don't you have lacrosse practice or something?"

Veronica laughed, "Doesn't start for about twenty minutes. I wanted to ask about your eyes. I wanted to ask you before...how are you doing with them being yellow and all?"  She asked him concerned.