27

Once they both quickly looked out the window to make sure no hunters had come, Veronica and Scott walked over to where Braeden was loading her gun. They walked past her before passing Kira, who sent a small smile and nod to her girlfriend. They walked over to Derek, who seemed a bit worried about the whole plan, "They'll be okay." Scott assured him.

Derek glanced over at Satomi and her pack before looking back at Scott and Veronica, "They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters." Derek argued.

"Some of them are," Veronica muttered quietly as she glanced over at Brett, who was talking with a few of his pack members.

"That's why we called you," Scott told Derek as he began to follow him to Braeden, Veronica beside him.

"Well, try to remember, I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." Derek reminded the two teenage Alphas.

"That's why he called me," Braeden spoke up as she picked up her gun.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm?" Kira asked the group, a worried look on her face, "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?"

Derek turned to Veronica and Scott, giving them a nervous glance, "Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden questioned curiously.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house." Scott explained to them, "They're trying to stop it."

"What if there is no stopping it?" Brett asked suddenly, causing Veronica to quickly turn to look at him, "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"

"We won't let that happen, Brett," Veronica argued as Derek began to speak up.

"Veronica's right. We won't let that happen," Derek agreed with the female Alpha, "Let's send a message. Let's make tonight perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list," He began to explain, "It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun," Derek lifted up his gun to show them, "Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our Dead Pool."

__________

Nightfall had come and Veronica stood with Kira off to the side. The buzzer suddenly went off, meaning someone had arrived, "They're coming." Chris announced.

Veronica glowed her red eyes as she flicked her claws out. Suddenly, a hand grabbed her arm, causing her to turn to see Braeden and Derek standing there, "I know Scott has stopped you from killing people because he thinks it's wrong, but this is a fight to the death. They try to kill you, you have the right to kill them. And if Scott thinks that's not okay, then too bad for him." Derek explained to her and Veronica nodded her head in understanding.

Just then, Veronica and Braeden saw smoke bombs being thrown. Braeden quickly turned to the rest of the group, "Get back!" Braeden shouted.

Everyone moved out of the way as shots began to fire. Veronica growled, throwing her jacket off to the side. She took off her shoes before she began to turn. Her bones cracking as she did so, Veronica fell onto all fours as she got into wolf form. It felt like it had been forever since she had done so. It truly had been. The last time she had turned was when Aiden was still alive and the nogitsune hadn't been defeated yet.

What made it so good for her to be in wolf form was she could have been shot numerous times and yet, she was still able to keep fighting. It wasn't exactly like that in human form, she was way more prone to get hurt while human. Veronica's wolf form howled as she ran for one of the hunters. They kept shooting at her as she leaped on top of him, causing him to fall on the growled. She growled as she began to kill the man. She knew that if she were to bite someone when in wolf form, it had to be to death because if not, they would either become like her or die from rejecting the bite and she knew she didn't want to make one of her enemies just like her.

Veronica turned back into human form, naked in front of everyone, but she didn't care, she was used to it, "Veronica!" Kira shouted as she threw the trench coat she had brought with her to her girlfriend. Veronica quickly caught it and put it on, just in time to punch a hunter in the face.

As he fell to the ground, two more came and Veronica grabbed them both by the neck as she made their heads slam against each other. While she wasn't looking, a hunter had shot her in the right shoulder. She growled at him, glowing her red eyes, "That was a big mistake." She grumbled as he began to fire more bullets at her. A few ended up hitting her while she dodged the others.

Veronica jumped on top of him as she began to slash him numerous times. Soon enough, Veronica had droplets of blood covering her face and it was clear the man was on the brink of death, "Veronica, stop! Veronica!" Kira shouted as she watched the scene unfold, fear in her eyes.

Veronica ignored her and continued to kill the man. Just then, someone had pushed her off and Veronica saw that it was shot, "That's enough!" Scott shouted at her.

"Okay, okay!" Veronica surrendered, placing her hand up. Just then, she punched the hunter, knocking him out before she got up. Veronica began to fight other hunters, but not nearly killing him like she did the other.

She saw Brett run by and quickly stopped him, "Brett, get the others back. Tell them all to hide." She ordered.

Brett nodded before running to go find the rest of his pack. Veronica turned her head as she got shot in the arm. She winced at this before she began to look around, in search of Kira, "Kira! Kira!" She called out loudly.