30

Once Stiles helped Malia catch a scent from Scott's bedroom, they made their way downstairs to find Veronica standing beside Liam in the kitchen, "You called him?" Stiles asked in disbelief.

"We need all the extra hands we can get, Stiles," Veronica argued with him.

"Veronica, it's a full moon and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have Liam rip my throat out," Stiles explained to them.

"You can lock me up, right?" Liam proposed, "Chain me down to the back seat or something?"

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia reminded him.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there,"  Stiles commented.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam questioned, causing Veronica to sigh.

Stiles squinted his eyes as he stared at Liam in disbelief, "Seriously, you haven't seen it either?" He retorted annoyed.

"Come on, Veronica. We got to go." Stiles ordered as he began to walk toward the front door to leave.

"Wait!" Liam quickly spoke up as he walked toward Stiles, "What if we put me in the trunk?"

"Sad to say, but you'd get out of that, too," Veronica spoke up, giving the boy a sympathetic look.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this." Stiles reminded the younger teenager.

"I know I don't, but I want to." Liam replied quietly, "There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something. There has to be." 

"Maybe there is," Stiles told him.

_______

 After arriving at the abandoned warehouse, Veronica, Stiles, Malia, and Liam stood outside Stiles' jeep as a prison transport van arrived. Braeden exited the Driver's side of the van, "Where did you hell did you get a prison transport van from?" Veronica asked the older female curiously.

"I'm a U.S. Marshall," Braeden answered in a calm tone.

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover," Stiles commented as he stood in front of Braeden.

The car door of Derek's car closed and Veronica turned her head to see Derek and Peter arriving, "Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked, pointing towards Liam.

Veronica rolled her eyes when she saw Peter standing beside Derek, "Are we really bringing him?" She retorted with an attitude.

"We're bringing everyone that we can," Peter replied to her question.

"Well then, that solves why Liam's here." She retorted.

It was quiet for a moment before Peter spoke up once more, "Considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon we should get going." Peter suggested.

  Veronica gave him a confused look, feeling as if he knew that something that no else did.

"What's that mean?" Malia asked the older werewolf.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" He explained to the group.

"What, she wants to make him younger?" Liam asked confused.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf," Derek spoke up.

"A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe, a Nagual jaguar,  with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her..." Peter sighed as trailed off, "Maybe she can. So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We can't," Stiles argued, "Not without Lydia."

A few moments later, Stiles paced back and forth as he tried to get ahold of Lydia, "What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asked confused.

 Veronica pointed to the sword Malia held in her hand, "We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket from Kira's locker." She explained as she turned to see Stiles hanging up the phone.

"Nothing," Stiles informed the group, walking over to the group.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us," Braeden told him.

Peter lifted up his arm as he pointed at her, "That's a good point. We'll call her from the road."

"No. What if something happened?" Stiles asked defensively.

"I'm with Stiles on this. Lydia always answers her phone. Something must be wrong," Veronica agreed with him, "Maybe I should stay and catch up to you guys when I find Lydia."

"No, you can't!" Peter argued and Veronica frowned at him, "You're strongest one of this group right now. We need you there when the Berserkers come after us. You're the only person I've heard of that can still a Berserker."

"We also need you to keep Liam in control," Derek added in.

"I could call Mason." Liam offered a fix to the problem, "He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

 Both Liam and Derek turned to Veronica, waiting for an answer from the girl. She let out a sigh as she nodded her head, "All right. Fine." She hesitantly agreed to the offer, "But something doesn't seem right. I just know it."

 Before walking to the van with the rest of the group, Veronica stopped in front of Peter, "I know you're up to something and I promise you, when I figure it out, I'm gonna kill you myself, understand?" She threatened him and Peter just grinned at her.

"Remember what we're dealing with here," Peter spoke up to not just Veronica, but the whole group, "It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left."

  Peter turned to Liam noticed that he seemed scared at the mention of the Berserkers, "Oh," He commented as he put on his jacket, "This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" He asked and Veronica looked over at Liam as she placed a reassuring hand on his back, "Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

"Hey! Those are my words!" Veronica argued before becoming quieter, "How did he know that though?"

 As Veronica began to walk to the back of the truck, Derek immediately noticing the face she was making and became concerned, "What's wrong? You're acting weird." Derek asked her concerned.

"Peter's up to something, I know it," Veronica whispered to him.

"Up to what exactly?" Derek questioned.

Veronica let out a sigh as she shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, but I'm definitely going to find out before we all end up killed because of  him."

  Veronica took a seat beside Liam in the back of the prison transport van and began to think about what Peter had told them. What did he have to remind them about there being no human under the Berserker? They knew that already. And why was he so keen on her going and staying with little? It was like he needed for her to go. What was Peter Hale up to?