32

"I can't believe I did it." Liam sighed in relief as the two vehicles arrived at La Iglesia, "For a minute there, I thought I was gonna tear the three of you apart."

Stiles looked up at Liam and nodded, "Yeah. That would've made for an awkward ride home. So, thanks."

"Think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?" Derek asked curiously.

Liam didn't answer the question at first, he just flicked his claws out without a problem, showing the three of them that he had control, "Alright. We might actually be able to do this." Veronica stated, a confident smile on her face. She then turned to Derek, gesturing for him to open the back door.

As he opened the door, Derek was suddenly grabbed by a Berserker and thrown on the ground, "Derek!" Veronica shouted worriedly as she quickly got out of the van to help him with Liam and Stiles following soon after.

Before she could stop the Berserker, it had grabbed Derek up, set him down on some rocks before stabbing him. Veronica gasped out, knowing that Derek didn't heal from wounds like he used to. The Berserker went to go stab Derke for the third time, but Braeden got out of the van and began to shoot the Berserker.

Once the Berserker was out of sight, Braeden ran over to Derek, "How bad is it?" Peter asked concerned.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just go find Scott." Derek told them and no one listened, "Just find him. We'll be right behind you."

The whole group, including Braeden, frowned as Veronica walked over to Derek and knelt next to him. She leaned forward next to his ear and began to whisper something to him, something that not even Liam and Peter were able to hear for some odd reason. After about a minute, Veronica pulled away and looked Derek right in the eye, "Understand?" She asked him and Derek nodded his head as Veronica stood up, "Good luck."

As Veronica began to walk away, Derek spoke up, "Hey, hey. Save him." He told her and Veronica nodded.

"What did you say to him?" Peter asked Veronica as she walked past him.

"None of your business." She snapped at him before gesturing for Malia, Liam, and Stiles to follow her, "Let's go find Scott."

Veronica lead the group through La Iglesia, "This way." She told them.

As they ran through, Peter suddenly stopped there, "Okay, everyone stop, stop, stop, stop." He warned them, "We gotta figure out where we are, then we gotta figure out how to find Scott and Kira."

"We?" Veronica scoffed, "There is no 'We'. I don't trust you and I know you're up to something." She argued as Stiles' phone suddenly rang.

"How do I even have service..." Stiles groaned as he walked away to take the phone call with his dad.

After Stiles had gotten off the phone with his dad, the group began to talk about their plan, "What are we supposed to do now?" Liam asked.

"Duck!" Veronica shouted as she grabbed Liam by the back of his neck and pulled him down before he could get hit by the Berserker.

As they all began to run for their lives, Veronica couldn't help but feel that something wasn't right with all of this.

_________

Once they had outrun the Berserker for a brief moment, Malia turned to Stiles and passed him Kira's sword, "Go find Kira and Scott." She ordered and Stiles quickly obeyed her.

While Peter stood off to the side, basically hiding, Veronica, Malia, and Liam stood out in the open, ready to fight the Berserker.

As the Berserker went after they, it grabbed ahold of Veronica's neck and held her up. Veronica was going to fight back until she saw that eyes of the Berserker were oddly familiar, "That's impossible!" Veronica gasped.