Chapter 3

Avery's P. O. V

   "Have you spoken to Dad?", Mil asked as she's searching for a cloth to wear.

    " Yeah,I HV called him. I called him like two weeks ago when we arrived on campus. He asked of you. He said we should be careful that university is not like secondary school where we will be fighting anyhow. Did he call u?",I said.

    "Yeah,yeah. He said he told Seb to take care of us", she replied still looking for a party cloth.

   " When was the last time you actually spoke to Seb?",I asked her as I sat on our bed since she doesn't sleep on her own bed,watching her search for cloth.

   "Since we arrived I haven't spoken to him. But I HV seen him,when he sees me he either waves or nods. You know I and Seb where never close, so why are we gonna be close all of a sudden. He has a lot of making up to do before I allow him,into my life again", she said as she stopped searching for clothes and stood right in front of me.

     " He shut me out for as long as I can remember,when I needed a brother he wasn't there for me. He yells at me the slightest chance he gets. He ignores me. The only time he treats me like I really exist is when mummy and daddy are present. Trust me Avi he doesn't deserve your love,you deserve better. He will just end up hurting you like he hurt me. I love you so much and I don't want to see you get hurt",she said as she took my hands in hers.

      "He became that way after your grandparents died. He wasn't always like that.", I said trying to defend Sebastian.

      " Believe what you want but trust me,you will only get hurt.",she said as she stood up and went back to her closet.

     "Are you going for the fresher's night party?", she asked.

   " No,I don't feel like going",I said as I laid on the bed.

   "Are you kidding me? You love parties. Get your lazy ass up and  bath so we can get ready ", she said as she turned to face me.

   " Why won't I go? You know how much I love parties, I can't miss this party for the world. I heard it will be lit.",I said as I jumped up from the bed.

    "Where that red jump suit and that black pencil heels and stop scattering your closet", I said as I entered the bathroom.

    " Thanks hun",I heard her say from the bathroom.

____________________________________

   "Hey Milana", a voice shouted amongst the crowd.

   " Ahhhhh, here comes the Dawn drama queen ",she said to me in whispers like she could hear her.

      You remember I told you Mil hates it when someone or anyone calls her by her full name.....yea,she hates Dawn because she has told her several times to shorten her name that she hates it when she's called by her full name but Dawn loves making Mil angry so she refused. And yea Dawn hates me. She hated me right from our secondary school days and I don't like either.

   " Hey Dawn. How are you?",Mil said as she faked a smile.

   "Am good. Its nice to see you and your minion gained admission into this school", she said as she came closer.

    " You know we were always intelligent so no need to act surprised. Anyways we were about heading to the dance floor. Maybe I will see you around",Mil said as she took my hands.

   "Yea,sure. Nice meeting you", she replied as she left with her friends.

   " Liar",Mil scoffs and drew me to the dance floor.

    When we started dancing on the dance floor, a guy walked up to I and Avery. He was wearing danski he is tall, he should be about 6.2 or so,he has grey eyes and a messy hair packed to the side. The summary of all this is,he is cute.

       "Hey Mimi", he said to Mil.

     " ooohhh,hi Charles. Its been long since we last saw. How are you? ",Mil asked nervously and I shaked my head.

    " Well,I have been in Nigeria. I had something's to take care of. So this must be Avery?",he asked but this time he was referring to me. He stretched his hands towards me.

     "Yea,I am. I am Mils best friend. I have heard a lot about you too", I said to him as I shaked his hand.

    " Yeah and hope they are all good stuffs(I laughed and nodded and he continued). And I have heard a lot about you too. Let's just say the whole family knows about you. You are more like a sister to her than a best friend",he said as he let go of my hand.

     Mil coughs just so I will know she's jealous. So I gave her that "I know,I am going", kind of look.

    " Well,I will see you around Charles. I have to go to the restroom ",I said and I left.