Chapter 41

Avery's P. O. V

    After Charles betrayed me and broke my trust, I haven't seen Joel. I have called and texted him yet he isn't picking up. Great, just great.

      Its been four days and Joel hasn't spoken to me or slept in our room. Each time, I try to talk to him he snubs me or pushes me. My culprit wasn't interrogated or punched on the face, I am the only one blamed, he didn't even defend me or stand up for me, so much for crushing on a coward. Did I tell you Seb, Josh and Joel are age mate....well I just did. Tomorrow is Charles mother's wake keep, and two days from tomorrow we will be in South Africa again. I can't wait to be back home.

    "Hey", I heard someone say behind me. I turned and saw Charles. I turned to leave but Charles held me back and knelt down.

   "Believe me, I didn't tell them. I promised you I won't tell a soul and I swear I didn't tell anyone, how they knew, I don't know. Please give me a chance to earn your trust again.", he said.

    " It's not easy trusting you again. If you didn't tell them, who did then?",I asked.

    "I don't know. Okay, how can I make it up to you ?", he asked still on his knees.

   " By leaving me alone",I said.

    "Please Avery", he begged.

    " Get Joel to forgive me then we can talk ",I said.

    " Fine then ",Charles said and stood up.

    " Can you follow me some where today? To show you have forgiven me",he said.

   "Where?", I asked.

    " To see my dad ",he said shocking me.
******************************

    " Good afternoon dad",Charles said to a fair man with beard which on his face. Its seems the prison isn't treating him well.

     "It good to see you again son. How are your aunts doing?",his dad asked him.

   " They are good as always",Charles said

   "They still hate me. (He laughed) I am not surprised, they hated him even before your mum died, why won't the blame me for her death?", his dad said.

   " Stop it, dad. Don't start. I believe you and that's all that matters. What others think doesn't matter? I am trying to get you out of this hell u are in",Charles frowned.

   "Its been 19years Charles, I have been here for 19years, when will you find the murderer?", his dad asked.

   " I am working on it. ",Charles looked at the table, he looked ashamed.

   " What of Amanda? Have you found her? Have you heard of her?",his dad asked.

   "No, I haven't heard of her. I am actually going crazy right now dad. I just want to see my sister again, I want to keep her safe, I feel stupid for not searching harder, I hate myself dad. She might be in pain, the murderer might be maltreating her, they might have killed her, who knows? ", Charles sounded hurt. Tears began to roll down his eyes.

    " And the cops are not helping matters. I just want to hug her,I want to tell her how much I missed her, how much I care about her, I want to tell her I love her more than my life but how can I? How dad? Its been 19years dad, 19years without her, I am a failure, dad, I am a failure. Mum would be disappointed at me, she would hate me ",he cried.

    His dad was about saying something before I walked up to where Charles sat and hugged him, I felt his pain. Whoever this Amanda girl is, she is lucky to have a brother like him, who loves and cares for her.

   " Amanda is lucky to have you as her brother. Cause I am proud of your bravery and determination",I said trying not to cry.

  "I won't give up on her, I promise", Charles whispered into my ear.

   " I know you won't. I can help you find her, that's if you don't mind",I said .

  "I will really be happy if you do", Charles said.

   His dad coughed and I pulled away." This isn't Mil, so who is she? ",his dad asked.

   " Mils bestfriend ",Charles said.

  " You guys seem close to each other",his dad smiled.

   "We are actually", Charles smiled.

   " Since my son has lost his manners let me do the introduction. I am Andre Light, Charles dad",he stretched his hand.

   I laughed and said,"I am Avery Adebisi, Charles girlfriends best friend ".

   " Mil has a competition then ",he smiled.

   " I won't say that but yea kinda",I giggled.

    "Time up", a police man said and walked up to Andre and dragged him.

   "Bye son, bye Avery. Hope to see you again?", Andre asked to me..

  " you will, I promise",I said and Andre was taken away.

   "Why didn't you tell him, bye?", I asked Charles.

   " I don't like saying bye to the ones I love",Charles said as he stood up and left