Chapter 12

Avery's P. O. V

   "Avi stand up. Mama's home", I heard a voice which sounded a lot like Mil's. So I turned since the person who interrupted my sleep doesn't want me to sleep in peace. Like I said before, if Mil wasn't my best friend I would HV changed roommate since cause she is an expert in bugging,annoying and frustrating me. She will get A1 that I am sure of.

  " What do you want from me? Let me sleep a little longer. Please just give me 6more minutes, I need to complete my sleep",I begged.

   "Just shut up and wash your face. Is this how you welcome me,did you see me yesterday after I left", she asked. Yeah,I just remembered, she didn't come home yesterday.

    " You didn't even call me or text me",she pretended to be sad. I just fell back to the bed because I am not in her mood right now.

   "Stand up before I pour you water. You are having lectures by 1o'clock and you are going out with Joel for a family dinner. ", she said and I stood up.

   " You are lucky you are my best friend if not I would have sold you to those aboki",I said as I ran to the bathroom.

    "I heard of your fight with Dawn. I heard you beat her real good, there are bruises on her face"

   "You have heard of it already".

   " Who hasn't? I am proud of you. Charles was really happy when he was informed on phone. He said you deserve an accolades. ",we laughed. Crazy girl,I know she made that accolades part up

   " So how was your date?"I asked as I brushed my teeth.

   "Well, it went well. He asked me to be his girlfriend", she shouted that last part excitedly.

    " And did you say yes?"

    "Duhhhh,yes I did", she shouted.

    I came out of the bathroom with my toothbrush still in my mouth,I started to jump all over the room shouting and Mil followed suite. We were so happy we were overjoyed. Finally, they are dating. And it hit me,she won't spend time with me like before and she is likely to put him first,I will be -alone. I stopped jumping and headed back to the bathroom and closed the door.

   " What's wrong? ",I heard Mil asked. I ignored her till I was done in brushing then I said.

" You won't have my time anymore. It won't be me and you against the world,it will be Mil and Charles against the world ",I said sadly.

" Stop talking like a goat. You are my best friend and you come first. I love you both equally, the next time you think like that I will slap you. It has and will always be you and I against the world ",she said as she hugged me. I swear,I felt a million times better.

____________________________________

     Joel will be here to pick me up any moment from now. For some reason I feel nervous cause 1) I am meeting his parents. 2)What will he introduce me as since we aren't dating? 3) why did he invite me? Don't get me wrong,I am flattered but I didn't expect him to ask me to be his date for his family dinner. It's been just five months since my stay in the university of South Africa but its feels like a year,very soon second semester will begin and I will be out of this school drama,atleast for two weeks.

  " Your date is here",I heard Mil scream.

  "Hope he pops the question", she ended.

" Pop which question? Let him not pop any question. I don't want him to be the one to pop the question "

"Then who do you want?",She asked.

" Seb",I said.

There is a knock on the door and Mil ran to open the door. When she opened the door,I saw him standing there looking so cute. The tuxedo he wore made him look taller than usual. He is tall,light in complexion, handsome but not as handsome as Seb,Josh or Charles,he has a grey eyes and blonde short hair.