Chapter 32

Joshua's P. O. V

      When I went outside I saw Joel and Avery kissing, I was so angry that I felt my blood boiling with anger and jealousy. I had this urge to punch Joel to the ground so him and the ground will be one. But I had to relax, I don't want to scare Evie away any further than I already have.

     I took a deep breath and said,"Sorry to interrupt you but can I have a word with Avery?".

    They finally pulled away and Joel said"Sure(turning to Evie he continued) don't take too long okay, baby?".

   "Yeah sure", Evie said and they kissed and Joel left.

     I looked at her with this angry look, I am trying not to show how jealous I am but my face isn't cooperating.

     " I thought you both broke up so why are you both still kissing? ",I asked.

     " We never broke, I don't remember telling you that.",she said as she placed her hand on her waist.

     "So you were playing with me. Was I used as a tool to satisfy you before your perfect boyfriend comes back? Were you just playing me?", I yelled.

    " I didn't play you that's the last thing I would want to do. I am not like some people who kiss any girl they come in contact with",she said.

    "Why are you still on that topic? Its in the past", I said.

   She laughed,"In the past? It happened hours ago you dimwit"

   "Why are you jealous anyways you have your little boyfriend. I should be the one vexing because I was used, you used me" I said angrily.

    "I didn't use you, don't you get it, why will I want to use you?", she asked.

   " Because you needed someone to satisfy you, someone who will kiss you, hug you, cuddle you, take you out whenever you wanted",I said

    "Is that what you see me as? You think I am that cheap, isn't it?", she asked,her voice cracking.

    " Yes, I see you as a cheap girl who doesn't know what she want. A girl who jumps from one man to the other, I see you as an unfaithful girl, I see you as a player, a big one at that......that's what I see you as", I said.

    "Fine then(tears began to roll down her cheeks) fine. I never knew you saw me as such. (She wiped her tears with the handkerchief I gave her on our very first date, the date that started all this). Guess you are right, I needed someone to cuddle me, I needed a shoulder to cry on, I needed a true friend, I needed someone to talk to about me, to talk to someone about things I never told anyone not even Mil, Angel and my dad, I thought that someone was you but I was wrong."

   "Enough with the story of your life, I don't want to hear it,I am not going to be fooled by you again", I angrily said not giving in to her pity story.

    " I guess its really over then",she sobbed.

    " We were never anything so how can something that never existed be over",I said.

   "Fine then, let's act like nothing ever happened between us, let's go back to the way we were, let's act like we never existed", she said.

    " Great because from today henceforth you never existed ",I said. She looked at me for a while before she left.

     When I was sure she has gone inside. I brought out my phone and dialed Mary's number.

    " Hello Mary ".

    " Hey Josh. Why are you calling?

    "Meet me at the restaurant on Friday evening"

    "Why?"

    "I have a surprise for you. I will pick you up by 7:30, be ready and look your best", I said as I hunged up.