Chapter 43

Charles P. O. V

When I and Avery entered the room was dark, I figured everyone should be asleep by now. Avery turned on the light and I saw Mil sitting on the couch crossing her legs. I knew she was going to make an issue out of nothing just like always.

"Go inside Avery, I will handle it", I said to Avery and she left for her room.

" Where the hell have you been? ",she asked me.

"Isn't it obvious that I am Avery went out", I said.

" Where exactly did you go to? Answer my damn question ",Mil yelled.

" I and Avery went out, that's all you need to know.",I said. If she knows where I took Avery she won't let me hear the end of it.

"Is that so?",she asked.

"See Mil, I don't have any time to argue with you. Please we will talk about this later",I said.

"You took her to see your sisters inheritant right?", she asked.

" Its my sister inheritance, so why do you care?",I asked.

"Cause you took Avery not me. I heard you took her to see your dad. I have never for once seen him but Avery has. I have never seen the property your dad left for you or the one your mum and step dad left for Amanda. What going on between you and Avery?", she asked crossing her arms around her hand.

" She's a friend. Mil stop it okay?. I am not like you who cheats on me",I said and she looked shocked

"Me cheat on you? You know I can't", she said.

" What of Joshua? The long kiss few days ago nko. Okay, what of your late outings, the jealous look you give Angel when you see her with Josh or Joel. You are obviously jealous of Avery. Why will you? She's your bestfriend ",I said facing her in the eye.

" I am not jealous of her okay? In fact don't dare pin this on me, its about you and Avery ",she said.

"Since its about Avery and I what's your business? When you went of with that Liam guy, what did you say? You said it's none of my business, so right now its none of your business. Whatever is going between both of us, is stays between both of us so mind your damn business",I said. I was about leaving before her words held me back.

" Yeah, go and don't tell me about your affair but I swear you both will regret it",she said.

"Why can't you tell her this? Ohhhh,you know this house won't contain you both", I said.

" Me scared of Avery. For what you said I will show you who is scared",she said and left for our room.
Empty threat