Chapter 61

Avery's P. O. V.

    "Mil can you come to stand please?", My lawyer said and Mil came to the stand, she took an oath, when she looked at me, she smiled.

    " You were her bestfriend right?",he asked.

    "Yes"

    "You both were so close and inseparable, right?".

     " Yes"

      "Is she capable of killing ?"

       "No.....but when she is angry, she is another person"

     "That's all, my Lord", my lawyer said as he said down.

     " Did you both ever argue or fight?",Joel's lawyer asked Mil.

    "Yes we did"

    "And what happened?"

    "She manipulated my brother into taken her side, she turned my brother against me"

   I just couldn't stop crying, hearing them talk against me is painful, its killing me softly. It hurts.

     "Has she ever hidden anything from you again ?", the lawyer said referring to the affair.

    " Yes"

    "What was it?"

      "Her affair with Emma", Mil said and my jaw dropped, no one knew about it except those who was present during the truth or dare and we promised not to tell anyone about it.

    " Is that true, Avery?", the lawyer asked.

   "Its not an affair", I said.

   " Then what is it?",she asked and I was silent.

  "But it was done in secret, right?", she asked and I kept quiet

   " Answer",she raised her voice.

     "Answer her question, Miss Avery", the judge said.

   I looked at Emma and he looked away, I looked at Joel's lawyer and said," Yes ".

     " You have two secret now, what if you secretly had the idea of killing her, who knows "

  "You cannot bring up my personal life, it's against the constitution, I could actually sue you", I said and she laughed.

   " I want to see you try ",she whispered.

    " Mary come to the stand please",she said and Mary came to the stand, taking an oath

    "Has Avery every threatened you?", she asked.

    "Yes"

     "When?"

      "At our families reunion"

      "Has she ever threatened you?"

      "Yes"

       "When?"

     "When I and Josh started dating, she threatened me to stay away from him or else she will kill me", she said and I opened my eyes in shock.
Me threatened her to stay away from Josh?

    " Thank you. Joel please come to the stand please ",she said and Joel came to the stand and took an oath.

   " When you first saw Avery what were your thought? "

   "She's amazing, beautiful, crazy, funny, fun to be with, intelligent"

   "Now what do you think of her?"

  "A murderer, a heartless lunatic, a desperate girl, money hunger-"

   "Why did you call her a money hunger?"

   "She loved me more when my mum sent money to her account as her birthday gift and just like Josh said she broke up with him when I bought her a car. She goes for people with money, she is ungrateful", he said and tears fell again.

    " Did she ever threaten your sister to your face?"

   "No but she threatened to smash Dawns head against the wall", Joel said referring to what I said during my second date with him and Charles.

   " You see my Lord, she is capable of doing anything mean",she said and the judge looked convinced.

   "Any other thing", the judge asked.

  "No",she said and went to sit.

   "Ebuka Adebisi, can you come to the stand please?", my lawyer said and my dad came and took an oath.

     "Do you love your daughter?"

   "Yes"

    "Do you think your daughter is capable of killing someone intentionally?"

    "No"

    "As she exhibited any form of violence like killing anyone or threatened to kill someone?"

   "No"

    "That's all", my lawyer said.

   " Seb come to the stand please?" He said and Seb came taking an oath.

    "Did you ever love Avery?"

     He closed his eyes and hesitated before answering,"Yes"

     "Do you still love her?"

     "Its personal"

    "Answer it"

      "Yes"

       "Set all your hatred aside and answer honestly. Has she ever physical abused anyone except his or she has bullied her and the case of her sister?"

    "No"

    "Is she capable of killing?"

     "Years ago I would have said no but now........I don't know"

    "Why is that?"

     "She encouraged my sister to lose her virginity to live a wayward life, she introduced her to crazy people who did nothing but tried to molest my sister"

     "Did you ask Avery herself?"

     "No"

     "Who told you?"

    "My sister".

       "That's all, my Lord", he sat down.

      "With all been said Avery was wrong in her own part,she took matter into her own hands, she allowed their words get to her and Mia is wrong as well, she tortured her and made her feel worthless. Judging from the evidence placed, Avery has lived a reckless life and when she gets out of here, she should learn to live a more presentable life, she need to go for an anger management class. This is my judgement....(my heart began to beat faster)Avery is found guilty for the death of Late Miss Mia Gregory and will be given 9 years imprisonment", he said and his gravel hit the table.
I fell to the ground and began to cry like a baby. I am never coming out, am I?