Chapter 51

Avery's P. O. V.

     I decided to live in my fathers house since its remaining a year to finish. Going too school from home is exhausting but it is worth it, it's better than staying on campus where I will see their betraying faces. Exams are over and Charles isn't around yet, I have tried to call him but he isn't picking my calls.

     I am in Pamela's house and Emma isn't home, thank God.

    "So by next year we will be done with school", Pamela said.

    " Yes oo and I am so happy",I responded.

     "You will be a psychologist and I will be a lawyer", she said.

     " Law is five years",I said.

    "I entered school before you. I wrote WAEC in ss2.", she smiled.

    " Smart girl",I smiled.

   "Yeah I know", we laughed.

    My phone beeped signifying there is a message, I ignored but then it beeped again.

    " will you check that or should I ?",she asked.

   I checked the message and saw its from Josh?.

Josh: Can you please meet me at the restaurant?

Josh: ASAP

Me:Its late.

Josh:Its 3:12pm

Me: and so?

Josh: please Evie is important.

Me:No

Josh: you know I have never begged you like this, you should know its important.

Me: fine.....will be there in the next 20minutes.

I missed the nickname. How will I see him without letting Pamela know?

"So?", she asked.

   " Its Josh",I said. I have to tell her the truth just in case something happens.

   "So are you going?", she asked.

    " Yeap but won't stay to long. Tell dad I am sleeping over just in case I come back late or am stucked in traffic. I will come here straight ",I said and stood up.

   " Stay safe and be careful",she said. I left her house and entered an uber that will take me to the restaurant straight.

When I reached there I had to wait for him, I waited for 20minutes and then called to inform him that he is wasting my time. Thirty-five minutes later he arrived.

"Thanks for wasting my time", I said.

   "Sorry I was stucked in traffic", he apologized.

   " So what was so important you made me leave my house?",I asked.

   "I need you to forgive me, I am so sorry I was misled", he apologized.

   " Is that why you called me here?",I asked.

"Can you have a drink first?", he said.

" Waiter!!!",he shouted and the waiter took his order and seconds later he arrived with our drink.

  "Our drink is here so shoot", I demanded.

   " Joel hasn't been himself and he has been asking of you",Josh said.

I look a sip out of my drink and responded,"From who?",

"Mil and I of course. He thinks you and I are friends ", he said that last part with a frown.

  " You and Mil my friends?",I laughed.

   "I want us to go back to been friends and nothing more", he said.

   " Why do I find that hard to believe?",I said.

"Because you have been hurt", he said.

    I began to feel dizzy and weak. I looked at him and he was talking but I couldn't make out what he was saying and before I shut my eyes I saw him smile.
Please God let it not be a trap