Chapter 55

Avery's P. O. V

     I was laying down and enjoying my sleep before I felt a hard hand on my cheeks, I jerked and looked up then I saw that stupid girl who beat me yesterday. She dragged me out of the bed and threw me to the hard ground. I stood up grumbling.

   "Get up you lazy thing", the girl said.

   I ignored her and went towards the door, she drew me back and punched me on my stomach. I held my stomach as I cried out in pain. She kicked my legs and I lost balance then I fell to the ground. She kicked me on my stomach and my legs, I begged her to stood but she ignored. I cried and cried but she turned deaf ears to my cries.

     She finally stood beating me and her minions pulled me up, I faced the ground but she pulled me face up forcefully. " You have to wake up before us and do our chores or else I will do worse than this",she threatened. She signalled her minions and they left me making me fall face flat. I felt the emptiness of the room meaning they have left. I laid there for thirty good minutes, each time I tried to stand up I feel too weak so I fall back to my former position.

    "God please how can I face this kind of thing daily for 5 to 7 years? Please mum wherever you are please help me, please", I whispered as I sobbed.

    I felt a presence in the cell, I was backing the gate of my cell so I couldn't see who it was and I couldn't turn either so I laid there like that.

    " I am sorry ",I heard a tiny voice say to me. I ignored but she speaks and this time she squatted in front of me. " I am Agatha and you are?".

   "A-a-v-v-very", I whispered and prayed she heard me cause I can't repeat it again.

     " Sorry about them, they pick on newbies like you. They won't stop and no one dare stand up to them because they have connections. If you report to the police men or women trust me they will ignored you or torture you even more so my advice for you is to endure",she ends. She stands me up and sat me down on the nearest bed.

    "I should endure for 5 to 7 years? Its too much, will I survive it? I don't think I will", I said to Agatha as I held my stomach. My whole body was aching so I don't know where to even touch

    " 5 to 7 years? Why that long?",she asked.

    "It's a long story and I prefer to not talk about it.......atleast not now. It will just hurt me more", I whispered looking away from her.

   " No problem then but I am here when you change your mind. ",she said and smiled.
Why is she smiling, does she thinks its funny?