Chapter 26

Joshua's P. O. V

   I am in Joel and Charles lodge and so is Evie. She's actually in the kitchen preparing something for us to eat. Joel and Charles volunteered to help but she declined.

  But I decided not to take no  for an answer so I stood up and walked to the kitchen.

   "Hey Evie. Do you need any help with that?", I asked.

  " No thanks, I know how to cut onions ",she said as she cut the onions.

   " What are you even cooking?",I asked.

  "Vegetable soup, do you know how to cook that to?", she asked.

  " Yes, I do",I said.

   "I still remember your promise", I said and she looked at me crying, well the tears is an effect of the onion. I use my T-shirt to wipe of her tears.

  " Thanks. But what promise?",she asked.

   "The promise to kiss me when I cook banga soup", I smiled.

  " You liar, that's not how I put it and I didn't even promise you",she said as she brought ugu for her cut. I took it from her hands and cut it.

   "So how did it go Mrs eidetic memory?", I asked and she chuckled.

  " Eidetic memory. Well, I said if you cook it and I love it,I may or may not kiss you",she smiled.

  "Now who is lying? You promised,I know you remember but just denying it", I said and she laughed.

    " Fine, maybe I said it. But its just a kiss,I can kiss you on the cheek so don't worry I will do it",she smiled.

    "I want a kiss on my lips not  cheek", I said now cutting the water leaf while Avery is washing the ugu with salt.

    " I will think about it",she said and I smiled.

   "I am hoping for a favourable reply", I grin.

   " oooohh, you will get one ",she said.

We are done in cooking and I can bet Charles and Joel doesn't know I am in the kitchen. I prepared the semovita even after she begged me not to stress myself but I refused. How can I be here and she will be preparing food we will all it? Its not done that way.

  We set the food on the dinning table with the help of Charles.

   " Who cooked this food?",Charles asked as we ate.

   "I did with the help of Josh", she said.

   " It delicious. I know Josh is an amazing cook but I never knew you were better",Charles smiled.

   "Hey, I am better than her when it comes to cooking", I said and Charles laughed.

   " The judge has spoken so shut up and get over it",Avery said.

    "Charly, I am great at cooking banga soup and stew right?", I asked.

   " Ohhh, he is amazing at cooking that, no one can beat him at that not even me",Charles said and I looked at Avery from the corner of my eye.

   "Did you hear that Evie? So get ready", I said and she smiled.

   " Get ready for what? ",Joel spoke for the very first time since we began to eat.

    " I wanna teach her how to cook banga soup and stew",I said.

    "Oh okay", he didn't sound convinced so who cares.

   After we were done in eating,  Avery and Charles cleared the table and washed the plates. When she came back to the bed,she sat beside Joel and rested her head on his chest.

If I say I didn't feel like beating Joel then I am a liar.

  " Cupcake?",Joel  said.

  " Yes",she answered.

   "I won't be in town for few weeks but I will try to come back before Mrs Kingsley way keep", Joel said and she raised her head from his chest and looked at him.

   " Why?",she asked.

   "I will tell you when I get back I promise", he promised and she nodded and kissed him.

  Seriously?