Chapter 40

Charles P. O. V

    We are staying in my mums house....actually its my step dad's house. The house remind me of my mum, its remind of how my step dad stole the privilege of my real dad playing the role of a father in my life. I find it hard to sleep not to talk of eating without missing my mum. And it seems the only person that notice, is Avery. Even my girlfriend doesn't notice....that bad Mil.

    "Are you okay?", Avery asked as she sat beside me.

    " I am good. ", I said taking a drink.

     " You don't look okay to me",she said.

    "I said am okay, don't you get it", I yelled at her.

    " Sorry, you don't need to yell ",she sounded hurt as she stood up and left. I didn't mean to yell, I just wasn't in the mood to talk.

   " Let's gather and play truth or dear", Mil said.

    "Yeah sure", everyone but Avery chorused.

    We gathered around and placed a bottle in our middle, the rule of this game is, you must never choose truth more than five times and the person that doesn't do his or her dare must drink five bottles of vodka mixed with egg....disgusting right? I know. The person the head of the bottle points at must choose t or d.

     " Anyone that choose truth must place his or her hand on the Bible before answering",Mil said.

   "Hell no", Avery shouted.

   " Are you hiding something, Avery?",Mary asked.

    "Its alright babe, its nothing to worry about", Joel said thinking Avery has nothing to hide.

    The bottle pointed at Mia and Mil, the mouth of the bottle pointing to Mil.

  " T or-"

  "D", Mil said.

   " I dare you to kiss Joshua ",Mia smiled.

   " She won't ",I said.

   " Fine, she will get drunk and eventually kiss him",Mia said.

   "Don't do it if you don't want to", Avery said.

   " I will do it ",Mil said shocking everybody.

   Mil stands up from my arms and walked to where Joshua is and kissed him. They kissed longer than expected,they pulled away and Mil came to where u sat.

    The bottle pointed at Dawn and Avery. Avery is the one to ask or dare. She looks at the bottle and smile.

  " T or D",she asked.

   " T ",Dawn answered.

   "Okay sweetheart, why haven't you gotten over Emmanuel yet?", She asked.

   She looked at Josh before answering," Because he is my first love.".

    "Hmmm, okay", Avery said.

    The bottle was skinned and it stopped at Dawn and Avery again but this time Dawn is the one asking or daring.

  " T ",Avery said without waiting for her to ask.

   Mia smiled.... Ooohh,no she has fallen into her trap. " Did you have an affair with my brother? ",Dawn asked.

   Avery looked shocked and so does Josh. They both stare at themselves before Avery stared at me and Josh at Mary.

  " Answer",Dawn said.

   "Place your hands on the bible first, I don't trust you", Dawn said and Avery placed her hands on the Bible and repeated what Dawn said.

   " So answer ",Dawn said.

    Avery closed her eyes, a tear dropping," Yes, I did",she said.

     "When?", Joel asked.

   " Its not your turn yet ",Mil said.

   " Stay out of this, its between a boyfriend and his girlfriend ", Joel said facing Mil.

   " Answer me ",Joel yelled.

   She began to cry.

  " Answer me now ",Joel yelled.

    " Wh-e-n yo-u tra-v-elled? I am so sorry ",Avery said.

    " When did you both break up or are you guys still together? ",Joel asked.

  "  We are not dating..... We broke up the day of my birthday ",she cried.

  " I can't believe this( Joel stood up) you cheat, you were using me then, you betrayal, you condescending liar, whore",he shouted.

   "Bro chill", I said trying to calm him down.

   " Stay out of this, Charles",Avery said.

   "You can still talk. I can't believe I fell in love with a tramp like you", Joel said and left the house.

    Avery stood up and walked out and I followed her. When I finally caught up with her, I drew her back.

    " Wait, Avery. I did-"

   "Shut up okay just shut up. Who told her then?", she shouted.

    " I don't know, I promise",I said.

   "You liar, I told you something no one knows about 4 days ago then all of a sudden Dawn knows", she said.

    " I don't know how she knew",I said.

   "Bullshit Charles bullshit. Thanks for ruining my relationship with your bestfriend but please in the name of God stay far away from me", she said as she entered her and Joel's room and banged the door