The Death of Swellview City

Rated T

Not Requested

Summary: When Captain Man dies Henry is left to pick up the pieces of a falling city. Does he have what it takes or will he succumb to the darkness?

Notes: I might be canceling Legends, or changing it to this. This is kind of like a teaser/tester for me to see what I can do with this cause I want to write at least one more multi-fic before I stick to One-Shots only. If I do turn this into an actual book it will be rated Mature so keep that in mind. This part is rated T, but with heavy trigger warnings for character death and gore.

Enjoy!

~Nerdsareawesome656

Henry really just wanted to go home and sleep, but no after a long day of school, work, and hours of patrolling the city his sister just had to get last minute tickets to some up and coming artist's concert so he had to be the one to take her. "Piper!" He shouted over the screaming of fans and loud booming speakers, she disappeared halfway through the first song and the band just started on their second.

"Henry!" He heard her shout back, he turned around then saw his little sister returning with a bunch of merchandise the band was selling in the lobby of the complex they were performing at. "This is so cool!" She screamed, Henry winced at the loud noises that boomed through the building. Suddenly everything shut off, the stage lights and music were the first to go, then the actual building lights shut off. Even the emergency lights blinked off after a few minutes of flickering.

Chaos ensued.

"Hello, my dear citizens of Swellview!" A voice shouted over the loudspeakers, the blond could've sworn he knew it from somewhere but he was too worried about the safety of his sister to think about it for too long.

"Henry, what's going on?" Piper asked him, despite the situation Henry couldn't help but let a small smile stretch on his lips as he realized even though she annoyed him as often as she could, Piper still trusted him.

"I don't know." He said back, Henry got shoved into her by the rioting crowd. In the fall he scraped his hands against the floor when he tried to catch himself before hitting it.

"Look out!" Piper screeched, Henry turned around just in time to catch a pipe that was in mid-swing aimed at the back of his head. He grabbed the pipe from the guy who swung it, surprised the guy held his hands up then ran away in fear of his safety.

"Oh, my goodness is that Captain Man?!" A woman shouted the screens that used to show the song lyrics now showed footage of Captain Man tied to a chair. There were two things about the image that scared Henry. The first one was how honestly scared Ray looked, his face was deathly pale and he had multiple scrapes, cuts, and bruises across it. The second thing worried Henry greatly, and that was the fact that he was able to see Ray's face through the blood and bruises.

Captain Man's mask was gone.

"Many of you already know me, but for those who don't. Hello, I am Dr. Minyak." Henry tensed, then tightened the grip he held on his little sister's arm using her as an anchor to remind him that yes, this really was happening. Ray screamed when Minyak shocked him with a taser but the superhero didn't say anything. "My friend Ray and I here were just getting to know each other when I found out he was actually Captain Man, imagine my surprise!" Minyak took a hammer, one of the many tools lining the walls of the building they were in, then slammed it into Ray's kneecap. The crunch was heard through the video. "Now Ray, I'm going to ask you again. Who did you corrupt enough to follow you blindly into the superhero life? Who is Kid Danger." In response, Ray worked up a mouthful of blood then aimed it in Dr. Minyak's direction.

"I'll never tell you." He declared, this obviously wasn't the response the supervillain wanted because it earned Ray another stab in the chest.

"Why hasn't he come to save you yet? Surely a dog as obedient as he is would've found us by now." Dr. Minyak paused to wipe Ray's blood off the knife by rubbing it against his Captain Man mask. 

"He's out of the city right now," Ray said lying through his teeth. "And he won't come when I am going to specifically order him not to be a self-sacrificing idiot and try to save me." Henry groaned inwardly, one of the parts of the pledge he had to take was that he had to follow every order Captain Man gave him, no matter what it was.

"Look!" Someone shouted, Henry returned his attention to the screen just in time to see Dr. Minyak shoot Captain Man from behind, the bullet went through and through his skull. Ray's blood spattered on the camera lens Minyak was using.

"NO!" Piper screamed pulling Henry's attention back to her, the crowds yet again turned to chaos as the answer. Dr. Minyak cackled as Ray bled out tied to the chair in front of him. The supervillain spoke tauntingly at the camera, aiming his message at Kid Danger.

"You're the only one left Kiddie Toy, what are you going to do? One of you against so many of us, the city is already doomed. You will fail to avenge your fallen hero and watch everything you care about burn in the process."  The self-proclaimed doctor laughed as he leveled the gun at the camera while saying, "it's already starting Kid Danger, your city will burn soon enough, and then once everything you have ever cared about is gone I won't kill you. No, that would defeat the whole purpose of this lesson. You will live in a world where nothing will matter to you, and that is a fate worse than death." He aimed the gun at the camera lens one last time before firing it, ending the live footage.

Henry stood in the middle of the rioting crowd, Piper clung at his side in tears over the death of her favorite superhero. If Dr. Minyak wanted Henry to learn a lesson the supervillain did a job well done.

Through his anger and grief, Henry decided never to let another supervillain survive once they crossed his path.

He was going to get revenge for Captain Man's death. Heaven help anyone who tries to get in his way.

A/N

IDK what that was, but it happened. What do you guys think? Should I leave it as a one-shot or continue it as an actual book? If I do end up turning this into a full-length book Henry's personality (at least while crime fighting) will start to mimic Jason Todds from the Batfam. I've always felt like these two universes have so many similarities we would be idiots to ignore them. Let me know what you guys think, I want to hear from you about this. Keep in mind that if this turns into a multi-chapter fic it will be rated M with the mature warning on it when I publish the first chapter.