The Torment of Kid Danger

Rated T

Trigger warnings are always applied.

Word Count: 1129

Requested By: Meadow119

Ship: Chenry

Request: Henry gets kidnapped and then gets depression Charlotte helps him through it.

Hope you enjoy!

Henry couldn't believe his boss. Despite the fact they had a Code Red emergency at the Town Hall, Ray - Captain Man - insisted he had more important things to do in the Man Cave so he made Henry deal with the criminals himself. Kid Danger arrived on the scene decked out in his full uniform, he surveyed the situation. Swellview's leadership team was tied up in the middle of the room, the ropes seemed to be tied tight, but as he looked around no damage has been done to the building itself, and from where he was perched he could tell the door wasn't kicked in either. "Tell me," someone Henry couldn't see said, the sidekick recognized the voice, but he couldn't place who it belonged to either. "How does it feel when Swellview's Finest don't show up to save you?" The man stepped forward and Henry almost gasped out loud, Dr. Minyak and Nurse Cohort were the masterminds behind this crime. In response the Mayor said,

"Captain Man will never fall for your trap." The word 'trap' perked Henry's ears up, it was obvious he was out of his league, but Ray wouldn't make it in time to stop Minyak himself, this was up to Kid Danger.

"Taking a stroll in the park Maniac?" Henry said antagonizing the supervillain as he made his presence known. Minyak, to Henry's surprise, didn't say anything. Instead, the supervillain just laughed at him. "What's so funny, huh? I'm here and I'm going to stop you!" Henry used his Hyper Motility to race forward, but he tripped on something which set off a smoke bomb. It was a trap.

"How does it feel Kid Danger, to know you were too weak to save these people?" Minyak hissed into Henry's ear as the sidekick felt his eyes roll to the back of his head.

One week later...

The fact that Captain Man hasn't found Kid Danger yet was concerning, Minyak was stepping up his game. The evil scientist approached the chair Henry was tied too, "screw you." Henry said as his captor approached him, Minyak just tsked at him then used his knife to cut through Henry's uniform causing him to bleed.

"Naughty naughty, one of these days I'll have you as my own sidekick, then we'll rule this city together." Minyak sliced across Henry's face, the knife cut through the mask but thanks to Schwoz's technology it didn't fall off. "Let's try to help Captain Man out, shall we?" Henry watched from his chair as Minyak walked away from him towards a camera set up he had on a tripod.

"Go to Hell." Was all Henry said as the villain turned on the camera.

"And we're now live to every screen in Swellview, tell me, Kid Danger, how do you feel?" Minyak said as though he was a reporter on a news channel. Henry didn't respond, instead, he looked for any significant labels that would help tell Captain Man where to look. He found one then smiled,

"you know Maniac, you've been a great host to me so far. Let's not ruin what we've got going." He ignored the pain from the new scars and bruises he's gained over the past week. "But if you insist, I love hanging out here at the old Frittle Fact - " Minyak shot his gun, aimed right above Henry's head.

"Enough!" Henry went silent, Minyak turned off the camera. All Henry could do now was wait as Dr. Minyak slowly walked closer to him holding his favorite torture tool.

It took three hours after the live stream for Ray to find him, but the superhero did in fact, find him eventually. "I knew you would find me," Henry said to Ray who was sitting in the hospital chair next to him, the story they were going with to explain Henry's absence was that his civilian got into a car crash and was admitted as a Jon Doe to a small Swellview hospital. 

"Sorry I couldn't get there sooner," Ray responded with guilt in his voice.  Henry smiled,

"It's okay. I know you were trying your hardest to find me." His boss chuckled then wiped a tear off his face before asking,

"feel up to visitors?" Henry nodded and the door opened, he looked up in surprise,

"Char, Jasper, what are you guys doing here?" Charlotte didn't respond verbally, instead, she raced to his side and engulfed him in a giant hug. He smiled sadly and returned the hug,

"you idiot! I was so scared for you!" She exclaimed, Henry just pulled her in tighter.

He groaned then turned off his morning alarm, it's been a week since he's returned from being captured which means his mom was making the teen return to school. "Ugh," he muttered as he got his morning routine underway. Henry got out of the shower then brushed his hair in front of the mirror. He paused then traced his index finger over the long scar Dr. Minyak sliced across his face. "I'm a freak..." The blonde whispered to himself, he finished getting ready but the feeling like he just didn't belong anymore didn't go away.

He arrived at school and continued with what used to be his usual schedule. He had History, and Math with both Charlotte and Jasper, Science with Jasper, but he had English by himself... which was slightly problematic. "Henry, please pay attention!" His teacher exclaimed, for the hundredth time in the class.

"Sorry Ms. Applekans, I'm just tired." His teacher nodded then returned to the whiteboard. He felt distant, disconnected like, he was watching his classes from behind a pane of glass and he couldn't get into the room. As he went through the day he knew Charlotte was growing more concerned about him, but he just couldn't talk about it, someone else needed to bring up the conversation...

Which is why, after school he was surprised when during work she brought it up. "How are you really doing after the whole 'being captured by an insane supervillain' thing?" He sighed, then told the truth. If he tried to lie it would end badly for everyone.

"Not as great as I make it out to be. Everything's just so distant and I feel like, I don't know if Kid Danger can get kidnapped then what's to stop him from saving someone else who was kidnapped?" His girlfriend smiled then gave him a hug,

"Henry, no matter what happens you matter Kid Danger matters okay? We care for you alright, don't go thinking different." Henry nodded then smiled,

"thanks Char, I know I can always count on you.