Human

Rated T

Character Death

Summary: Some deaths even a superhero can't stop.

Trigger Warning

It was an illness that spread throughout her body and there was nothing Henry could do to stop it.

Every waking hour he spent at the hospital at her bedside. Six months, one-hundred and eighty-two days, and four-thousand-three-hundred-and-eighty hours spent sitting in the same stupid plastic green chair reading her her favorite childhood book, Peter Pan, because she always believed she could touch the sky.

The citizens of Swellview took notice of Kid Danger's different... tactics. He became more violent, vigiant, deadly. Oh yes, he still fought crime, he still took down the bad guy but when he did the bad guy never got back up again. Swellview grew darker as it's heroic light grew darker, to the beat of a slowing heart rate.

The last time Henry Hart was the day her heart stopped beating. The cancer won and his screams of pure pain could be heard echoing throughout the streets of the darkened city.

When his throat was raw and no sounds could come out of it he realized, even though he was a superhero he couldn't stop one of the people he cared about the most from dying.

The date was Feburary 22, 2017.

The day Piper Hart flatlined in a hospital bed.

A/N

Sorry this was all over the place.

~Nerdsareawesome656